Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Saturday 25 October 2008

Your turn to be Dobermised...

Yay it's Saturday - hamstring day... never feels like I am training hard on a Saturday cause we can wake up when we want to instead of at 5am... so we pushbike to the gym and train at a nice solid pace instead of having to constantly watch the time as we do on a week day...

Yay it's Saturday - the day my hubby gets Dobermised not me! hmmmmm maybe I should explain... We are owned and loved by two Dobermanns..

Tank is the big black man in my life who is - my man, my boy, my bed bug, my dumbass dog and my kissy face boy. he currently weighs in at 41kg and is a darling mushy faced 6yrs old Australian and NZ Champion, now retired and neutered Black and Tan hunk of man who goes to bed to read with me every night, and if I sit and watch TV after 9.30pm he pushes himself off my lap (where he lays every night as soon as I sit down - delusions of a lap dog) and stands in front of the TV and stares at me till I get the hint that's it's time him and I retired to the bedroom to "read". I have been trained by Tank to read a book one handed while scratching his tummy so he can lay next to me and purrrrrrr, yes purrrrrr, it's not a growl it is definitely a purrrrr, himself to sleep.

Morgan is our monkey girl, she is a rehoused fruit loop of a Dobermann. Tanks best girl Hera had to be euthanised 1 year ago this month and Tank had never spent a day alone in his life and we had never been without TWO dogs so we found Morgan. Tank went into melt down mode and our lives just seemed that little bit emptier.

Now Morgan mouse face girl spent the first 18mths of her life in a kennel and the only thing she knew when we collected her was how to run in small circles - always and only to the right. So we have now spent almost a year teaching her how to eat a bone, eat fresh meat and veges, walk on a lead, ride in a car, lay still for more than 25 seconds, and be a part of our family.... ohhhh she still runs in small circles and only to the right but we live in hope that this will one day stop and at least when she swims now she doesn't slowly roll over to her left side and drown - phew that was a scary sight!

Anyway back to being Dobermised in the morning.. Our kids sleep in large show cages in their bedroom, this is for two reasons - one - they have their own space with their own bedding that Tank can not claim is all his and two - so Tank does not spend the night sprawled over me purrrring... Daddy usually drags Tank off the bed when he wants to get in..

sooooooooo whoever gets up first lets the kids out of the cages.... whoever is still in bed gets two Dobermanns arriving full of morning joy and bounce and love and sloppy kisses and 8 paws and a total of almost 70ks of total adoration and doggy love.. Hubby is always first up during the week but usually on a Saturday I am first out of bed..... Yay for Saturdays.

Yay its Saturday cause I allow myself one piece of cake or loaf today - it was Date and Walnut and a little disappointing but still yum. Thats the trouble with cheat meals they never really come up to your dreams and expectations - hmmmm there is probably a catchy phrase in there somewhere... life is like a piece of date loaf...nahhhh it will never catch on..

Saturday is also a work day - well night actually for me so I had better go and do some...

No comments: