Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 17 April 2009

GAUNT!!!!

Yes....... FINALLY... I have been told I am looking "Gaunt"... Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read on the NZ BB blogging site that you know you are almost competition ready when people start telling you that you are looking gaunt and asking if you are ok or if you have some dreaded life threatening disease LOL

Well today at Sucky Job I was told by the receptionist that I was looking gaunt and drawn... I could have kissed her! When I said "Cool thank you!!!!" with a huge smile on my face I think she thought I was delirious as well LOL

Yesterday I had another encounter that made me chuckle... I was walking home from dropping off a car we had just cleaned so I was in my tank top and cut off shorts (standard work wear for me) and while I was waiting to cross at a roundabout this car with two young blokes in it drove passed and they whistled and yahoo'd at me.... LOL I bet they would die if they knew how old I was LOL!!!

I know that in a politically correct world I should be insulted but really I don't care enough to be insulted..... After all these are the thoughts of males and I have always thought that those two items.. thoughts and Males..... are mutually exclusive anyway...

I will always remember one of the funniest and clever cat calls I received... I would have been about 24 years old and was walking down the street with my toddler daughter and my baby son in a pram and these council workers drove past and called out..... "Go you halves in the next one...." Took me a good couple of seconds to work out what the hell he was talking about then since I was a young Mum feeling a little down about how I looked after just having a baby I thought it was hilarious... LOL

Looks like it will be fine enough to ride the bike this weekend... CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Rode to work today and it was great but way too short a ride.... Just had a storm pass through here and it better bugger off by tomorrow or I will be one slutted off, starving hungry, gaunt and drawn camper.. LOL

No comments: