Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 25 May 2009

I'm baaaack

I was going to say.. I'm back to normal, but really Ive never been "normal" LOL

I woke with a headache from the deep pits of gloomdom and it followed me to the gym and back, every now and then I would be ok and then I would lift my head and helllllooo headache...

Still even with the headache lurking in my semi empty morning head I trained Chest and Triceps then powered through 30 mins of cardio on the beloved Cross trainer.

I am sure that the cross trainer will bath a sigh of relief when I cut down on the cardio after the comp... cause one of us has developed a squeak, I thought it was the cross trainer but I did notice that it didn't squeak when someone else dared to use it last week...

hmmm so I will not make the poor thing feel even worse by telling it it squeaks, I will give it the benefit of the doubt and just say that ONE of us is now squeaking...

Did the sucky job thing today and once again arrived to find a co-worker absolutely full of cold and full, sniffs and snuffles, coughs and wheezes.... Sigh! Now I will blame the diet/headache/shit weekend for my comments to the boss. But I could not sit there and accept the situation these inconsiderate people put their co-workers in!!! So when my boss asked what day I would be stopping work to get ready to do the comp, I said.....

"I can only be here today and tomorrow, sorry, but I have worked 16 months towards this coming weekend and I can not spend any longer sitting next to her and risk getting sick"

My boss took it rather well actually, and told my co-worker to go and blow her nose... LOL

Once again I just don't understand the reasoning behind dragging yourself into work when you are that ill. Especially as she is a "permanent" and gets sick leave. If I catch the damn flu it doesn't just make me sick, I am only a "casual" so if I have time off sick no money coming my way folks...

Ok, sorry, you probably know by now this is a pet peeve of mine so I will move on.... LOL

Anyway, feeling better tonight, no headache now and the countdown to Saturday is in full swing... Yay!!!

Extra leg training tomorrow... bring it on!!!!

No comments: