Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Rumble.......

Is what my stomach is doing right now and I am sitting in the dogs bedroom typing this to keep me out of the Almonds that hubby thinks he has hidden from me... LOL

I could move the laptop to the lounge now that we have the wireless thing happening, but then I would be able to hear the Almonds calling my name... well I would except that the Bananas on top of the microwave are wearing Rhumba outfits and dancing to this really loud music that sounds a lot like eat us, eat us, eat us...

Ok so maybe lack of carbs does make you hallucinate... or maybe bananas really do dance.... like if a tree falls in the forest... so if bananas dance on the microwave and no-one sees them....

Ok.. tangent has passed and brain is back in gear now...

Trained Legs and dripped through 30 mins of cardio on the cross trainer afterwards this morning, the Bribie temp is climbing now and the humidity is kicking in for summer so me and the towels are coming home soggy after the morning workout...

By time I hit the cross trainer its 5.45am we already have all the fans going in the gym and all the windows open... no air con in the concrete block gym... Not complaining at all give me humidity and sweat any day over misty frozen breath and 19 layers of clothes like the Southerners have to wear! LOL

The sponsorship letter is done and sitting in the appropriate mail box tonight... mental pacing happening here.... and Hubby has tried one of the local health food stores as well today... more mental pacing....

ohhh and rumble, rumble....

I came home and posed for an hour again tonight and it is amazing how your muscles respond to standing tall and still and grinning like a fool... of course having your muscles respond does make the foolish grin get bigger...

So for two days in a row Hubby has come home to me wearing hooker heels, a bikini, a lot of sweat and a foolish grin....

Which brings me to what I think is the saddest part of this sport... Please ladies if you consider taking this sport up and think that Hooker Heels, a bikini and sweat add up something wild and exciting think again...

After the second competition Hubby now sees me standing there like that and doesn't blink or question what I have been doing.... it is now considered normal..... like doesn't every 49 year old wife greet their hubby like that.... Usually his only comment is... don't practice in the new bikinis will you!!!!!!

So I think I might have to work on another way to bring a bit of spice into the house.... mmmmmm spice.... like cinnamon, ohhhh or cloves, they would give the oats a great flavour... damn back at food... see ladies don't say you haven't been warned!!!!

Now speaking of food, it is 6pm and time for me to go and rustle us up a meal or 6.... if I can just get past those damn dancing bananas.... turn that bloody music down!!!!

2 comments:

mq01 said...

mr bling mister is no fun, lol... he needs to dance with the bananas ;) but witchazel, just dont eat them >;-)

Tara said...

lol Cathy, very funny post. The dancing bananas here had their day and are now in my tummy mwhahahaha ;o)

Good luck with the sponsorship letter.

Tara xx