Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Thursday 29 October 2009

Bicep day..

Trained Biceps today.. sticking to upper body at the mo till my lower body gets its act together..

Rang the local lab to ask about the price of a CT scan... on Bribie $300.00 they can not bulk bill as I am not old enough (great NOW I'm tooooo young!!!)

But if I am prepared to drive for 45 mins to Caloundra I can have it done for free as a bulk bill. WTF??? Am I older in Caloundra???

Anyway I can have the scan done next week once I have worked out what time I can get off work... Yay! Same applies for Hubbies ultrasound scan so we can pack a picnic lunch and make a day of it and be scanned in Sunny Caloundra LOL

My legs are actually a bit better today and I'm sure that with a bit of rest and being careful to avoid the area when I am training I will be fine before I even get to the CT scan, but hey I will have it anyway along with the fasting blood tests cause then I can be told there really is nothing wrong with me that a big feed of cakes and fat won't fix LOL

We have been training without a set programme this week mainly because we have to work around my legs and back but also cause I want to change the programme and Hubby likes to stick to the same thing...

Now we could do different programmes but I train heavier when we work together as I get all competitive and I am always trying to push as much if not more than him, or anyone else that happens to be throwing a weight around...

Of course when we train most of the "others" are 70 so it can be a bit easy to do that, although some of those blokes are still bench pressing their body weight at around 70 years old!!! So I won't get too competitive with them LOL

I have been checking out my old programmes from Jo Stewart and I love all of them so much I am having difficulty making a choice.... I really fancy the one that has one week of high reps and the next week you do exactly the same exercises but low reps heavier weight... yep think I might just print that out and wave it at Hubby... Maybe if I mutter something about making his calves grow it will make him change his mind LOL

So I feel better today.. I slept most of the night.. ooohhh and I forgot to say yesterday that I actually managed to get the Doc to refer me to the continence nurse at the local hospital!!! It took a bit of convincing but he finally accepted that I should be able to jog without problems... even at my age... although it would help if I didn't drink so much fresh water... sigh

MQ01.. hope you are feeling better!!!!!

3 comments:

mq01 said...

thanks witchazel, i am, im home today and its helping. i think i just ran out of steam.

glad to hear you're feeling better too!!! hey, picnic and ride to caloundra :) ride ride ride...ok, smack me now... ;) can you tell where my head is at?!?

Dianna Broeren said...

It's great to see you so motivated and full of energy! Inspiring :)

Witchazel said...

MQ hope you feel better and are back on Bob soon!! I just want to get on mine and head off into the sunrise forever!!!

Dianna! LOL yur comment has perfect timing as I feel anything but motivated or inspiring today, but you made me feel so much better
thanx