Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 23 November 2009

Mexican Maggot

Or Tequila worm, either way that's what I went to my staff Christmas party as last night...

That was the final thing I did on a weekend away from stressing about food, size, shape, or anything vaguely resembling a diet...

I enjoyed a weekend where I ate what ever took my fancy and yes that did include several cakes and slices, wines and bourbons, Salmon steak with a pretty pitiful excuse for a salad, but I did not even look at the fries.. even when I am in the "don't give a shit" mode with food, I just can not put oil laden potato into my mouth.. ick..

Then the staff party where the Mexican theme carried through to the Nacho chips and dips, greasy nacho with a tonne of cheese to plonk on your plate and try and eat with your fingers.. heavy sour cream.. I actually only had a tiny bit of this as it was the end of the weekend and really I was well and truly over the everyday food that others eat.. I did have a couple of bourbons but mostly just pretended with the Ginger Ale looking like I had Bourbon in it..

The party was boring as bat shit, seems that my workmates consider standing still drinking until you are a slobbering mess a party, so while everyone was working on reaching that point I came home at 10pm as I was totally hanging out for a cup of green tea to wash away all the sweetness from the ginger ale...


Hey don't get me wrong, I love a good party.. but this was not one.. unfortunately cause in the end I was looking forward to it, shame that there seems to be a rule that says if you want to be thought of as a man you must never wear a costume to a costume party... so out of about 40 males 3 dress up... WTF??? But at least 90% of the women got into costume and looked pretty good too.

The other reason I came home at 10pm was that I was getting up at 4.30 so we could get back into the gym big time... yep a weekend off has aroused the beast and I am about to head down again for some evening cardio... that's on top of the training and cardio this morning... Head down arse up and onwards...


Ok........ so I just got back from 30 mins on the cross-trainer and feeling pretty fabulous... in a drippy, sweaty, kind of way LOL

Took a bit of a mental slap around the head to get me thinking straight again and without the constant motivation I get from Hubby I would never have been able to get back to this point, but as he wisely says...

You have two choices if you want to get leaner... eat less, or cardio more... If you don't want to get leaner don't whinge about it... if you do want to get leaner.. eat less or cardio more.. simple...

So back on track, still eating a bit more than my precontest diet, still enjoying bananas and blueberries, avocado and cottage cheese, and if I want to do that I have to cardio a bit more... simple..

Now off to prepare dinner & tomorrows meals...

No comments: