Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 13 December 2009

Are we paying attention?????

Did you notice I now have a countdown to the Asia Pacific at the top of my page???

But just like Kristin I am not sure if I am actually going to be doing the May competition or competitions....

This was my first year competing and I have to say that after four competitions this body has been knocked around a fair bit and I am STILL recovering...

The leg aches and pains seem to be much better although today my left leg has decided that it might not be all that better with twinges and aches...

Maybe it was Tank dragging me along the beach yesterday diving from Blue Bottle jellyfish to Blue Bottle Jellyfish trying to eat them, and YES I have explained to him in very small words that they sting and are poisonous but according to Tank they are also very tasty... sigh!

ohhh and while I remember, we saw the most goosebumply thing yesterday... here we are walking on the beach and the dolphins are feeding in the shallows right in front of us!! Honestly they were no more than four feet from us chasing fish..

The water was smooth as silk and they would disappear then the bow waves would come through then suddenly right in front of us were the dolphins... made goosebumps stand up all over me... I just wanted to stay there are watch them.. Tank on the other hand wanted to eat stinging poisonous jellyfish and didn't even notice the dolphins smack in front of him... Morgan was trying to work out if what Tank was eating was worth eating... So we had to go... double sigh...

Or maybe it was traipsing round a shopping mall most of the day doing the Xmas shopping thing... Who knows... but now that the back and leg issues seem to be clearing up my body is still protesting with sinus flair ups - something I have never suffered from before, bloating - yes looking 8 months pregnant at nearly 50 is always a great way to start a conversation... and of course the beloved diarrhoea (sorry to have to mention that) and I have been getting a lot of the sparkles lately as well.. you know those wonderful blinding sparkly lights you get just before a migraine arrives... I am not getting the migraines but the sparkles have been blinding...

And then there are the constant cramps... yes constant... leg and foot cramps... Got to say I have always been prone to cramps, thought it was a thyroid thing so I have always just lived with it. But apparently they are not something I should live with and I have been megadosing magnesium and potassium and anythingum that the Naturopath hands to me that ends in um, but the cramps are there all day and night. They have calmed down to maybe twice a night where they were happening a least 4 times a night a couple of weeks ago... but during the day my feet cramp all the time.. even while I was having the massage I was getting foot cramps, this happens to drive Justin crazy... LOL

With all this going on I have been keeping my eating on track during the week, but I am totally not counting anything on the weekends... Friday night to Sunday night I do not worry at all, although I still tend to choose healthy options like Steak and Salad to go with the garlic bread and Christmas cake.. LOL

My current attitude is that I have been through one hell of a year with deprivation and hard, tough training and I plan to do it again next year so I am giving myself a relaxing month off...

I am still training as hard as I can without aggravating my back or legs and I am also incorporating a fair bit of cardio.. My weight has gone up to 66kg, I know it is water from the rehydration stuff to help with the discs and the cramps and I also know it is fat...

Yes it is messing with my head bigtime... the scales say 66 my head sees 100... I am still a size 10, tight but still there... I refuse to panic until after Xmas and New Years... I am doing my best without hurting myself and at this point that is all I can do...

I need to be healthy enough to be able to train for competitions next year and if that means relaxing now then that's what I have to do...

The Adrenal fatigue medication seems to be helping and I feel calmer than I have in a long time... although I am frustrated and tired of being not 100% especially after feeling so great for most of this year.. it annoys me that I am ending such a fabulous year standing on a patch of muddy ground...

But it has been a totally fantabulously wonderful year with goals that I never thought I could get to not only reached but rolled around in and splashed about in and held up and waved...

SOooooooo its all shit at the moment... hey it was a hell of a lot shittier last year and look at how far I got... so imagine how fantabulously amazing this coming year will be LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kerry W said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, and remember to listen to your body and be kind to it. :)

Lauren said...

Hi Cath,
You have a lot going on at the moment. And as my dear 86yr old grandma would say, "God love....if you were a horse they would shoot you!" LOL!!!! She is such a darling and always comes out with some sort of saying. She has always said this to us when we have been sick or 'broken down'. Hang in there and stay strong. You will make it through this rough patch and come out the other side with a hunger for success that is so strong that there will be NO stopping you!

Sandra said...

Cath,
I still stand by my belief that you are a bloody inspiration...when I started reading your Blog I had no idea this was your first year competing...and then Rae posted a "before" photo of you and I nearly fell off my chair...
Take care of yourself, you gorgeous Nanna, enjoy Christmas, 2010 is a new year and I hope it brings you improved health, don't know how you stay so sane with it all.
As for Tank and the jellyfish...LMAO...
xoxox

Raechelle said...

Doing semi-happy dance!!!
not about your pain of course....I really do hope you can get rid of some of those aches hon!

Cool dolphin experience!