Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Saturday 30 January 2010

Confessions, Proud or Pissed Off....

Trained Chest this morning then followed up with 25 mins of cardio...

Ok, it has been eating away at me over the last week or so and now I have to confess, I have been unfaithful, I have found a new love at the gym...

By now I am sure you are totally aware of the basic nature of the little gym we go to, a total of 10 cardio machines made up of different ages, shapes and sizes of treadmills, one cross trainer, one slightly worse for wear spin cycle, a seated cycle, and 2 stair climbers... hang on I forgot about the rowing machine tucked under the stairs.... Anyway I think it just goes to prove that you don't need massive lines of cardio machines with wide screen tv's to achieve goals.

Well the one and only cross trainer has always been my cardio machine of choice, I have had a passionate, if not on again off again (lol) love of this machine for over 2 years now and although some days it does have a funny click... which for a while there I thought was my hip(!!!).. it has helped me loose a ginormous amount of fat, gain back a cardiovascular system that had been tortured for 37 years by cigarettes, and always been a faithful and tireless partner in my war against the flab....

But now I have tired of this love... I have found a new and more desirable replacement... I am in lust with a treadmill.... it is the 2nd in line on the left... Why that particular one??? Well the one 2nd in line (ohh there are only two lines by the way) on the right can no longer incline, poor thing, so it is not as attractive to me, the one 3rd in line on the left lies continuously about the amount of calories you have used, actually doubling the number which has made it very attractive to the over 60 set but I won't even look at it... liars and cheats are not for me...

But Treadmill 2nd on the left.. wow, incline and correct calories... I yearn to get on this machine while I am training with weights... I cast longing sideways glances at it when I am doing Lat Pulldowns... I count the minutes till cardio time...

I am lucky that the Cross trainer is at the front of the lines so it doesn't notice me climb on the treadmill 3 machines behind it... Of course if I have to walk to the front and turn the TV and fan on in the morning I won't make eye contact with the cross trainer, hoping that it thinks I have gone back to the weight room and not snuck down to 2nd from the left and climbed on....

Why has my love life changed so dramatically... I have discovered the joy of running again!

3 minutes fast walk then I am off... 8, 9, 10, 11 all on incline 1... can not wait for incline 2... soon, soon.. don't want to take things to fast and ruin it... so even though I still d visit occasionally with Cross trainer... running... ahhhh blissssssss.

I have another confession today...

Turning 50 is really starting to mess with my head... I know I am in the best physical condition of my life.... I know its just a number... but its a bloody big number.. hell if I went into an Open Figure class you would be able to add the ages of two of those girls to get mine!!!! My babies are older than some of the other girls on stage!!!

In 4 months time I can get a villa in an Over 50 village.... arghhhhhhhh

Messing with my head it is... (hell and now I am talking like Yoda as well)

I am proud to be this age and to be as fit and healthy as I am, I am damn proud of my family and the way my kids have both turned out and that they are now fabulous parents themselves, I am super proud of all my grandbabies... I am proud I can still wear a mini skirt and have men a lot younger than me check me out and I am proud I ride my own Harley... (not in said mini skirt of course!)

I am pissed at turning 50, hell where has all that time gone, shit I wasted far too much on being miserable and fat and unhealthy, pissed that I really don't have to colour my hair blonde now as some of my own hair is actually white in places... eek!

I am shitted that I only have another 20 years of competing left in me.... So I guess I will have to find a song for my routine which will make using a walking stick look like part of the act... hehehehehehehe

In Four Months I will be stepping on stage at the Asia Pacific and I would have turned 50 the day before.... Hell that is one big scary thought!!!!

Ohhhh and by the way.... if I can, why aren't you???

6 comments:

Debbie said...

great question! Why aren't I?? BUT, I am starting..really! !i have a new exercise program I will be starting Monday!!! No excuses this time...!!! By the way..I know you KNOW its a number, but I would be shouting that number from the rooftops if I were you! YOU inspire a lot of people!

Laynie: the Marketing Muscle said...

Age is no excuse, but so many people make it theirs.

Yes 50 is just a number. Yes, age is all in your head. But when you say it out loud, it just jars. That's not right. I don't look, feel or act 50. I can't be. But you know it's true. You can't turn back the speedo on your life, but YOU have found a magic elixir that has added living to your life.

I'm enjoying the next 10.5 months until my speedo clocks up that number too. I'm trying to adjust my thoughts now ... but it's not working.

You are an inspiration.

LizN said...

Think you're a legend Cath and aspire to be just like you when I hit 50~=!

Witchazel said...

Thank you ladies... feeling a bit better about it now :o)

Witchazel said...

Thank you ladies... feeling a bit better about it now :o)

mq01 said...

im on the tready with you. my speed currently is only 3.5 but with incline of 3.5, WOOHOO! im thinking i need to bring incline down and speed it up to a jog soon :) XOXO!!

ps, age be damned cause its really just a number. live how you feel witchazel. passing the bottle back now...