Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 15 February 2010

Hospital visits and Birthday wishes...

I had a strange kind of a weekend... Everything normal on Saturday training wise and I was cruising along nicely till a distraught phone call from my daughter regarding a dispute at her work... managed to help her calm down and carry on with her day, but feel like going and giving the tyrannical boss of hers a verbal attack of my own.

The fact the boss still sits in her upstairs office and smokes so heavily that when you receive mail from the place (which I do at my work) its like opening an ashtray it reeks so badly of nicotine and my daughter is expected to sit in this environment every day she works there is already ridiculous. Unfortunately its one of those situations where if a complaint is made your roster suddenly diminishes and you end up with no work...

Back t normal we head off for frozen egg whites which we can only get off the island to discover that there is only half the number of cartons we need available, so will have to do another trip mid week, lucky there is usually a supply somewhere between here and Kelli's place - hopefully!!

Then the phone call from Mum comes and after being told was very sick and the emergency doctor was going to take 3 hours to get to them I told Mum to call and ambulance for Dad, long story short it turned out to be a tummy virus and dehydration but 6 hours of standing in a cubicle in the emergency department at Caboolture Hospital was not really how I planned to spend the day. I do have to say what a fabulous team of nurses and doctors we had, and I was lucky enough to have eaten before the ambulance arrived of else I would have been sucking on his electrolyte drip LOL In then end I bought him and Mum home and they were tired but ok in Sunday. It gets a bit scary when you are suddenly confronted with the age of your parents and seeing one of them sick and the other sitting holding their hand is heart wrenching. Mum kept saying how nothing could happen to him till after April 12th as that would be the anniversary of there first date 70 years ago.

Sunday was a better day, nothing special for Valentines, just a wander around the markets at Caboolture, then Caloundra and a bit of lunch bu the sea and back to the Island for the Sunday posing session with Julie.

Today is a much happier day as it is Tanks 8th Birthday!!!!! We bought him special birthday treats yesterday at the markets but gave in and he had some of them yesterday. The big Duffus is celebrating by being asleep on our bed and at 7.45am he will get off the bed come and sit next to me and tell me it is time for me to go to work and before I leave I must give him a Smackos... hmmm seems like just another day for Tank then lol

1 comment:

mq01 said...

your folks are amazing. 70 yrs?!? wow!!! happy belated valentines! and happy birthday tank!