Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 3 February 2010

Obscenity!

Well measurement day has rolled around again...

Like I promised I will post the good the bad and the ugly... ohhh ok, my ugly is pretty old and ugly so I promise I won't post that after all this is a G rated blog.. ohh ok I will retract that G rating as well... shit you guys are hard to work with...

All right enough stalling...

After a whole week of toil, sweat, running, weight lifting and the expected food deprivation I have managed to remove from my body a grand total of 1.8mm of fatty goo... sigh... The good news is no muscle was lost, the other good news is I am still ahead of target thanks to my other wonderful weeks, the third lot of good news is....

I now get to do two lots of cardio a day...

HA! see that's what happens when you say you enjoy something, the damn something that you whisper sweet nothings to sneaks up and takes a hunk of of your bum! Hang on I checked this morning and it is GLUTS not bum.. not a lot of fat on that part of me... whew thankful for that!!!

Ohhhhh and then there is the delightful news that my food intake is now going to become less as well (hoping that you guys can pick up on sarcasm...) so I just can't wait to do extra cardio on the less food.. woohooo, yay, whoppee, yeehaaa.. yes this IS still sarcasm...

So that was the numbers for this week... didn't even bother to throw a tantrum, but did travel home with Hubby in complete silence, which since he knows it is his best option if he wants to stay alive, is continuing at this time.

Training is changing a bit as well with the reps increasing so I now have to type up my new workout sheets...

I don't know how people train without these, I watch others wander vaguely from machine to free weights every day while Hubby and I clutch our daily workout spreadsheet with the exercises listed and each set has a line so every time we do that exercise we can compare the weights to the last weeks numbers and note personal bests or days when the weights drop.

I have done this from the very start and can pull out a sheet from a few months back (or even longer) and compare my progress, check to see why we failed miserably one day or blasted the numbers the next week... Doesn't take a lot of work one A4 sheet lasts us around 6 weeks and that and a ratty piece of cardboard and a pen is always with us.. Hello my name is Cath and I am a list maker.. LOL

Got my new drivers licence today and the lady who renewed it commented on the difference in my photo and me so I had a whole new photo taken, gee that just added to my fabulous day. I am sure they have a very special camera made to take abhorrent photos LOL

Well that's me.. got to go do the sheets so I tomorrow can start the next part of this comp prep..

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Isn't the life of a figure girl so much fun?? (sarcasm again!!!)LOL!!

Honestly, isn't this why we do it. It is a challenge.....a big challenge, one that fights us every day.

Extra cardio, pretty crappy, I agree.....but imagine how good your glutes and quads will look at the end. Don't think the cardio is going to help the "very cute chest" though!!!! hehehehe!

Laynie: the Marketing Muscle said...

I'm hearing you on the workout sheets and notes. Recently I did a quick check with some competitiors I know and was surprised to find that some don't keep records. They just "know" what to do. I'm wish ... I'm a note taker. In the gym I was asked recently by an older male what I was writing down and why. So I explained, he was intrigued and I left wondering how do you know what to train when and how. Good luck with the twice daily cardio ... it's worth it! Enjoy.

Sandra said...

Oh Cathy,
What a pain in the glutes...;)
Couldn't resist...must be the moon or something...the sarcasm is flowing freely.
xoxox