Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 19 February 2010

Too Tired...

I am so tired, I am too tired to be exhausted.... Fall down dead tired....

Yesterday..... a day of exhaustion...

Discovered the "New Hours" at the gym is actually just a one week trial to see who may turn up at 5am... so since that means a whole 3 maybe 4 of us I can't see the trial being a huge success... especially since it is not advertised to the general population just to who ever already goes to the gym... Hell can not even remember what I trained... umm shoulders and abs.. cardio as normal... But the enthusiasm is hard to find when you feel like everything is stacking up against you...

Home in a ball of stress again and getting ready for work, Mum phones at 7.15am and the rest of the day is spent following an Ambulance and at Caboolture Hospital with Dad being violently sick and Mum shaking from cold in the ridiculously low air conditioning... I finally arrived home at 7.30pm after having to hand over the responsibility to my Brother at 7pm, I didn't want to leave them but by then the surgeons had been and said it wasn't a "surgical" issue, they had run every test they were going to and had decided that they had no idea what was wrong with him and that he would be discharged soon.... of course their soon could be four hours so I just had to head home, it turned out that their soon was 8.30pm.

Once again the nursing staff and the doctors were fabulous and after watching what they have to put up with all day from ungrateful, nasty, disgusting people I would not be a nurse or doctor for any amount of money! Funny how someone who has to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance can still manage to complain about not being able to go outside for a smoke??????? Personally I would have told them if they are well enough to crave a cigarette they can go outside and stay there...

I was lucky that I had already packed my food bag for the day since once we had time to go and get Mum some breakfast I discovered that the cafe (and I am using that term extremely loosely!) food consisted of hot chips, toasted sandwiches, burgers and some repackaged scary looking grey meat and egg sandwiches... Weird considering the supposedly big push to make this country eat healthy food.....

So today I am totally screwed, I did go and train Hammies, and get the 20 mins of cardio in but since we were running late the Abs will have to be tacked onto tonight's cardio... if I am still awake at 4pm.... better go to work now...

3 comments:

mq01 said...

xoxo witchazel!!

RaeC said...

Hang in there honey!!

As for hospital food, there is nothing healthy about it!! Bit like when you go to the bodybuilding comps at the Embassy ballroom over here and the cafe serves up the hamburgers and hot chips with nary a healthy morsel in sight!!

Hope you catch up on some energy this weekend and get some time when you can have an afternoon nap or a sleep in xxx

LizN said...

Yeah, read you on the smokers in hospitals...weirdest thing ever.

Feel better soon!