Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 15 March 2010

The patience of a Male Goat......

Actually make that a horny male goat... no, come to think of it, he probably has more patience than I will ever possess..

You know how the saying goes... When the Gods were giving out patience I couldn't wait that long in line so never got any... yep that's me...

Add a good dollop of Gemini split personality to the lack of patience and you can just about get an idea how I feel about waiting for something to happen regarding the AHL...

I will admit that I have been suitably impressed today with the speed of the process although it came with another one of those good news bad news situations...

I was phoned this afternoon by "The Professors" secretary telling me that I would in fact be seeing "The Professor" as soon as possible... Now here is the good news bad news part... Good news is that I will be attended to by "The Professor" not one of his sidekicks, bad news is that the reason I get to see him is because "He will definitely want to see you due to the nature of your condition".... hmmmm is that a good thing???

Good news is that also "due to the nature of the condition" he will be seeing me as soon as possible... which of course is also bad news as it came with a definite implication that they don't think it is a good thing for me to wait..

Another phone call about an hour later confirmed that the "as soon as possible" will be on the 31st of March.. ok so now I just have to hold off exploding until then.... joking!!!

At least I have a date now which reduces the mental pacing... slightly... Hopefully it will also reduce the coloured nightmares of me inside crashing cars...

Meanwhile things continue as they normally do, even though half my brain is screaming "Panic!" and the other half is screaming "Bored! Lets go train hard!!!"

Tank was perplexed on Friday night with the departure of the budgies, and would get up and go and check the top of the fridge throughout the evening, I explained to him that they had to go back home but he just gave me the big brown sad eyes look and would lay down with a big sad sigh...

I spent Saturday morning collecting the family from the airport -so great to see them!!! Then Hubby and I had a bit of retail therapy with a great find of last seasons Adidas long pants for me marked down from $80 to $20 - YAY!

Sunday Hubby and I headed up the coast to the Caloundra markets then on to Maroochydore, we were hoping to go for a long ride on the bikes but due to the gale force winds and rain we just used the trusty station wagon. Tried a bit more retail therapy but apart from a black singlet that laces up the back with a scarlet ribbon and some doggy treats for the fur kids nothing major was found...

Both days I ended up eating home made meals, so although I enjoyed the wonderful home made still warm from the oven Banana Bread that Kaz from work made especially for me on Friday, and a slice of Fig and Walnut Loaf yesterday, I really haven't been deviating wildly from what I normally eat...

Just because I do not plan to compete I also do not plan to pig out, I really do enjoy this food and although I can now enjoy flat white coffees instead of long blacks, half a banana with my oats and cottage cheese and avocado with my salad I have made no other changes to my portions or foods.

My training has stayed the same and I threw in an extra cardio session on Friday evening as I just needed to get my head cleared and to feel as normal as I could...

Isn't it fabulous that doing cardio makes me feel normal LOL...

Thanks again for all the positive comments... You really are a wonderful group of positive and supportive people and they do mean the world to me :o))

2 comments:

Laynie: the Marketing Muscle said...

Oh, the games the mind can play. LOL Panic one moment, and then snap back to calm cool collected sane and rational. I understand this. I have moments when I'm certain that my "suspect" breast is about to explode. And then I laugh at myself for being so silly. But I won't know until the end of May. Think of the great thing you get to see the Professor. That's a good thing. Keep your spirit radiating on high gorgeous!

Leanne said...

Hey Cath,
I know you will be hanging out willing the 31st to hurry up & roll around & will probably go over it a million & one times (or more, lol) before then!! To have more knowledge & answers as to what is going on will be good as it is the analysing & questioning that you do in your mind that drives you crazy!!! You have a great attitude towards life & I am sure it will be all sorted in no time!!
P.S....I am soooo jealous that you are into the banana bread!! I baked some yesterday for my kids & was salivating for hours! lol!
P.P.S...Maybe Tank needs his own pet budgie?? ;-)