Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 7 March 2010

The Time for Justice..

I forget, that's the problem you see, I just forget...

Then the sun comes out and I get on the Bitch Broom and there it is... the reason I love to ride...
the wind on my face, sharp fine points of light rain waking my senses... sand against the skin... noise from the broom, traffic and the wind.. it all just blows the stress and troubles away and my mind opens up and I can see the reasons....

I can see that because of my worry about Time I am doing Justice to nothing....

I have stopped enjoying training because of the Time.. Time constraints have taken the fun away... so as of today I will no longer train to constraints... If I can not fit the cardio in before work it will be done after work.... it will get done, when is not an issue, it will get done when it is done and it will be done..

I will no longer stress about the Time my work takes up... I need the money, plain and simple, just like everyone else and to survive I need to work the 8 hours a day... simple, no stressing over it will make it shorter... so no more stressing over it...

I need to eat my meals on time, my workplace allows me to do this, hunger sometimes encourages me to crunch them up into shorter time frames then I don't do them justice and I don't enjoy them for the beautiful fresh food that they are... No more rushing the hours, I will set my alarm on my phone and I will eat at the right times...

I will make sure there is Time to ride... I have missed my Broom, and even though I was back into meal time frames today we still had plenty of space between the meals to ride and sit and have coffee and then discuss riser length with a total stranger as only Harley riders can and do... My heart sang again and riding home was hard as I just wanted to ride on into the rain clouds...

But then I still had time to go fish shopping for new friends to go into the aquarium, to stop by the gym and chat to the other competitors who were practicing their posing - I didn't play today, still resting and really after 4 competitions I can practice at home and I am happy to do this if it gives me one day a week without a time limit...

Yesterday I managed without stress or worry over my food, in the end the chicken, sweet potato and salad was still my favourite but I did indulge in Banana Bread (of course!) then we went out for a beautiful meal at the RSL - mostly because I know the menu and knew I could be happy with my choices - and I had a fabulous Rib Eye steak, Morton Bay Bug & Pawns with a salad. then coffee and yes I had two brownies for desert... cause I could LOL

Today started with a waterfront run where I ran further than I ever had, not at my fastest speed but further and with a huge amount of enjoyment! No time constraints so I did it justice... then back to pre-c0ntest diet today and I am enjoying every clean tasty morsel...

My stomach is flatter than it has been in weeks and I seem to have more definition in my arms and legs... Or maybe its just that I have the time to do myself justice by looking properly....

3 comments:

mq01 said...

beautiful witchazel. and no wonder i had a brownie, it was divine btw. we get so caught up in "doing" that we forget to enjoy it, the beauty of every moment, every meal, every gust of wind and raindrop on our face, the sound of pipes, the laughter of strangers. im not surprised that your body is showing results. this is very happy news. and ps, thank you for the reminder. ride witchazel ride!!! :)

Tara said...

that is much better! that nasty dark cloud has now blown away and you can see the sunshine again (lucky u, its raining here haha)

Keep that spirit going, it is not meant to be so hard and stressful.

and pmsl @ the banana bread. Ummmm I dont think I will be having any though ;o)

Laynie: the Marketing Muscle said...

I'm so very proud of you. You have found what makes your heart sing, what makes you get up in the morning. Not the "shoulds and musts" in life, but the real true "I wants" that connects to your heart and core values. Sometimes you just have to stop so you gain perspective on what YOUR life is all about. You've gotten back to basics, and re-established the head |heart|body connect. Amazing how a piece of Banana Bread helped you find that. Well done!!