Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 21 May 2010

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I havb a cold un bmy noozze... a cofff in bmy froat... feelin ligk crap... blahhhhhhhhhhh

So after the great results of Wednesday I have not being able to do a bloody thing!! No cardio no training BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

All this because other people think it is ok to go to work and snot all over their work mates, their cups, food etc..... just fabulous, thanx guys...

So today I returned the favour and went to work.. well ok... not for pay back but because there was something that HAD to be done today and I was the only one available to do it..

But rather than dancing around and visiting everyone saying... Yes I am sick, cough, splutter, I went into my office liberally sprayed it with Glen20 and warned anyone who came within 5 feet of me that I was not someone they wanted to be near... Gee and honestly it really wasn't that hard to do.. as soon as I did what had to be done I slunk back out of work and came home and crashed... feeling a little better now and I think that I may have just slept and sweated the worst of it off...

Ok inconsiderate germ spreaders rant over...

So two days with no training or cardio is doing my head in... There I am all reved up to start this countdown and wham... dead stop.. at least I am still 22 weeks out from a comp and my diet has still been spot on so all I can hope is that this doesn't hold me up too much longer.. I have been filling up on Glutamine, Vitamin C and cough & flu defense... yes I am definitely feeling better... fingers crossed!!

We already have our tickets for tomorrows INBA Brisbane Titles so I really hope I am feeling better for that!! I can't wait to see everyone on and off the stage...EXCITING!!!!

Hmmmm so really that's about it, nothing else to report, I have no life if I don't train LOL...

Although while I was mentally pacing about not training my thoughts wandered to all of the fabulous virtual friends I have, I realised what makes this such and amazing, supportive and genuine community...

Most of us have never met or seen each others houses or possessions, we don't care if anyone is rich or poor, how many bedrooms they "own", what colour or race they are, whether they have already reached a goal or are just starting the journey... our accents don't matter.. we don't make snap judgements on each other on looks... what they wear to the gym ... how many cars they own... we enjoy each others company and share our lives just as we are...

Wouldn't this world be an amazing place if everyone could be like this in the real world....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon! I hate being sick...and this seems to be the year!

Ah yes virtual friends are the best and it would be so nice if the "real" world were like that. We can be the exmple....

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Awww I am sorry and hope that you are feeling better soon.

You know some of my best buds are on line.

Have a wonderful safe trip, I love that picture of you!

mq01 said...

get better and enjoy INBA!

being around bikes, boats, military/planes and hot rods all my life ive been constantly reminded that its a small world. i believe people will meet with valuable friendships forming at intersections all over in life, either on roadways local or across continents or on internet pathways. i love it, its all good.

funny, i was toying with changing blog settings yesterday, pics and profile. i love what you've done! xoxo!