Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Humps, trips, muffins...

So its Hump Day... Love the fact that it is a half day at work even though I am not going to see Kelli at the moment....   My work likes that I have a half day as that way they can keep me Part Time and not make me a permanent full time employee.... I like it cause it gives me a break from work smack in the middle of the week.. a win win situation is what it is called... yeah definitely win win...

So my mission for the afternoon was to go and get my 6 months supply of contact lenses... plus a couple of diversions that Hubby suddenly threw my way and then back home to get the housework done so I have a free weekend.. of course I did not allow for the torrential rain which we have received for the first day of summer...

My first stop became a water survival test when the parking area for QLD Transport was full and the nearest park was wayyyyyyyyyy over there... across the road, over the drains that just aren't made to cope with rain, up the driveway that had rapids of water coming down it and back to the car  with the vitally important pieces of paper... which I managed to keep dry even though by then I was soggy...

a quick note on being grateful... I was grateful that I only had to get some forms and not sit and wait with the other 30 soggy people hanging desperately onto their numbered pieces of paper and gazing hopefully at the neon sign announcing the numbers that could finally be served...

Next stop wasn't quite as bad but once again the distance from the parking area to the office I needed to get to was not covered and the parking area was not built for any sort of rain let alone a Queensland downpour.. so even though I had dried out in the trip in between destinations I was once again soggy by the time I got back to the car which is airconditionless... the windows immediately fogged up and no matter how desperate you are to see, you just can not wind down the window when it is pouring... 

Next note on being grateful... yay I now wear contact lenses.. if I had been wearing glasses I would have had to be wiping the rain off them and then the condensation... no more worries... grateful I am.. grateful!

Final stop was the shopping mall for the contact lenses and once again on arrival I was dry and thankfully the parking was under cover.... I got the lenses and then was mysteriously sucked into a book store... I bet lots of you have this weird phonomonomnonomnonom... There you are just walking through a shopping mall and then zzzhhhhhuuuuuuuummmmmpppp you are in a bookstore and browsing and picking up and reading backs and fronts and first paragraphs and before you know it you have been there for ever... ahhh bookstores... love them... I could never work in one cause I would be so annoyed when people interrupted my reading lol

After I had managed to disentangle myself from the web of the bookstore... albeit reluctantly... I headed home and got there just in time to inhale my egg whites & banana before throwing some of tomorrows meal together and then got ready to train..

Now usually, due to being up the coast visiting Kelli, Wednesdays are not a training day, but since I don't do that at the mo we have now thrown in a separate Abs and extras day... tonight we added some shoulders and bicep top ups so training consisted of... Standing Bicep curls, Cable curls, Side Lateral raises, sitting and feeling like I was going to be sick, Leg raises, crunches on exercise ball, rope crunches, medicine ball twists...

The sick feeling came on as soon as I got to the gym and really knocked me around. I have just gone back onto Arginine, Beta Alanine and Creatine pre workout and I now have confirmation that it is that which is making me feel sick..... I tried Arginine etc ages ago and had the same results then.. It starts by making me feel like a gazillion itchy needles are being stuck into me, then I get breathless, then queasy... on top of that it also makes me hold around 2 1/2kgof water which arrived today since I started taking it on Monday... yep right on time... so I think I will drop it all again, I know they all work but they just don't like me..

So the workout was a bit of a bummer, although my Abs are already telling me that laughing tomorrow is not going to be fun I didn't enjoy the training...

Nutrition has been good today, did add a slice of the banana & coconut loaf at lunch time but I did drop the rice with my #2 meal as I knew I was going to have the extra carbs at lunch. The rest of the day was as normal and I even managed to walk right past... stop and go back... check out the Xmas Pudding Muffins at Muffin Break... shrug, and walk away... previously discovering those muffins while I was alone would have been an invite to inhale two and not tell a soul... no more... I will most likely still have one.. probably on Saturday..maybe.. no cravings at all.. feeling pretty happy about that...

I have been feeling very Unhungry the last few days.. maybe it is the above mix upsetting my stomach.. Don't know but it is a weird feeling... I spend so much off the year hungry.. being unhungry is kind of weird and uncomfortable...don't even feel like jelly.. whats with that!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no that is scary...

1 comment:

mq01 said...

yup, sounds like an allergy or irritation, and not hungry is probably bloating, yuck. good you figured it out quick!

ahhhh bookstores..... im reading up on DASH (dietary approach to stop hypertension) diet now. you may dig it. good info from the mayo clinic and american heart assoc, especially for high blood pressure (not me, but family and friends).

cinco sends big hugs to tank and morgan. says to tell you he may have a cockatiel soon (my uncles) named lulu, lol! xoxo!