Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Saturday 5 February 2011

Randomly impatient....

Wow this week has whizzed by in some ways and crawled by in others....

I woke up 3 days in a row thinking it was Friday before it was actually Friday..... I also woke up during the night... hmmmmpf lets see.... 6 times 6 plus or minus 2... approximately 38 times since my last post.. I am truly over it.. truly...

Of curse when faced with such ridiculous happenings as waking on the hour every night you tend to hunt, search, grasp and dig for a silver lining... and mine is random thoughts.. it is astounding what your brain must do when you actually do sleep... I have discovered that mine likes to.....

1. Review music... I have woken to such a weird assortment of songs dancing through my head... Lady Gaga, Kid Rock, Eric Clapton... you name them and they have all been playing a private concert to me while I sleep and I wake to catch them finishing off the playlist.... I do wish they all knew the lyrics though. It is incredibly frustrating to be left half way through a verse at 2am knowing damn well that the end of the verse was not... dum de da da thingy la la... well not unless it was a Gaga song anyway...

2. Consider the failures of the world... how can one person be worth a gazillion dollar when there are starving children and animals near extinction... how would you sleep knowing that in your bank you had the money to save a life, and that even if you lived for 200 years you could not spend it all... maybe they don't, maybe they wake with Lenin singing "Imagine" in their heads...

3. Be annoyed at ridiculous things... like mobile phone companies that have a non-working version of a phone in their shops for you to feel but not actually use in anyway, so how ill you know that the real life version is totally unsuitable to your real life.. a problem Hubby has had since updating to a touch screen phone that actually has an aversion to being touched... and how do you know if the bed you have just bought will feel exactly the same as the one you tried in the shop, even though it is an entirely different mattress that is delivered to your home and when you use it in the real world you are not fully clothed in an air conditioned showroom... unless of course that is where you sleep... ohhh an no we haven't recently bought a bed it was really just a thought...

The 38 waking moments has impacted on my life, it has dented my training and cardio mojo a bit with Thursday cardio becoming a chat session and Friday cardio becoming a sleep in.. still 3 out of 5 mornings ain't a disaster and although I skipped last nights and this morning weights I do feel better for the rest.

This week is the start of a big change for me.... it has already started with a new hair style.. something that I have put off since October.. and I love the new look and the fact that I no longer have to go everywhere wearing a ponytail.. I have been lucky in that the front of my hair has a natural colour of white... yep no longer just grey now it is officially white... unfortunately that back of my hair is still brownish... so colour is required to stop the patchy skunky look lol

Nutrition has been spot on shown by a drop of 500grams on the scale this morning... but more than that I feel so much better for getting back to clean eating...

Still can't say much about my tunnel reaching its end but it is damn close... I should be able to stand in the light by this time next week.. although I did think I would be standing there already when I was looking at it this time last week.. ahh the joys of Queensland time... it will happen when it happens... which is still a thing I struggle with, but I am not just taking nice deep breaths and being patient...

ohhh looky lunch time :o) got to go and munch on my chicken sweet potato and salad... nuom nuom nuom..

1 comment:

mq01 said...

nuom nuom nuom...
you're about as patient as i am, LOL, sorry. hey, at least its not Low Rider (war) going thru your head at night...take a little trip, take a little trip ;) fish/krill oil for sleep, can you do fish? xx!