Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Slap me with a wet fish!

You would think I would have it all sussed by now wouldn't you... Come on not only am I officially Senior but if maturity hasn't found me by now it never will.... But Nooooooooo... everyday is a learning curve which I luckily really enjoy!
So even though I have been playing this fun game called bodybuilding since January 2008 it has only been this last week where I have been slapped in the face with a wet fish and realised that I love structure!
If you subscribe to DISC profiling I am an "I/S" personality which can be an awkward thing... this is because an "I" is all about spotlights, innovation, ummm well really it boils down to LOOK AT ME while I dance and follow shiny things from one spot to another like a cat chasing a torch beam.... BUT the "S" is all about being sensitive, caring, loyal and putting everyone else first... this can be hard to do when you are dancing in the spotlight screaming me, me, me... It is also hard to dance when you are worried about everyone else but you....
Neither of these have any sort of leaning towards being structured and limited and locked into anything stable....
Then this week after going back into a very structured nutrition and exercise plan, being measured weekly and counting heart rates and calories burned, my life has suddenly become exactly what I love!
Soooo after one week of structure I have removed 3kgs of fluid from my body, 16.6mils over 8 sites have disappeared into soggy drops of sweat... go figure... structure rocks!
What I love is that I now realise it is harder for me to live in an unstructured way, having to decide what I should or should not have for lunch, making constant choices on "best foods". My training has become concentrated and focused now that I am again training according to a strict regime counting reps, sets, weights... ahhh bliss....
Of course I do all of the rep counting and weight pushing while listening to dance music... or should I say music that I can imagine using for a routine on stage...... even though I said I wouldn't ever again... its hard when suddenly the perfect routine music hits your ears and you are someone who just MUST dance in a spotlight.....
This weekend is the INBA QLD Titles, then the NABBA, then the IFBB shows are coming round and I already have tickets to all three.... this will give me my fix of the smell of show tan... or will it just cause more cravings..... hehehehehe

1 comment:

mq01 said...

the dance music and thinking/planning/wanting posing after thinking no never again. yup, im with you! for me, at this moment, its another long distance endurance (ironbutt) ride...damn im craving it! and wanting the curvy hardbody back that my old gyms (powerhouse, golds, medinas) tried to steer toward bodybuilding vs fitness. damn. if the body goes big then i should just celebrate enjoy and go big, i think?!

have a FAB time at comps this weekend!!! i cant wait to hear what this does for your fix, hehe! xx!!