Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 17 October 2008

30 weeks to the spotight

Well here I am.... Seemed so easy to read everyone else's blogs but now that it's my turn.... gasp!
Ok from the begining...
Woke up on the 1st of January 2008, rolled over looked down and thought.... YUK! how can I let myself look like this!!!!
2nd of January 2008, height 172cm, weight 81kgs, fat % measurements off the chart in the gym instructors book! He guestimated 38%. Size 16-18 dress size.
That was the start of my journey, I have trained on and off for years but never with the success that I have had this year. I owe my transformation to all the information, encouragement and fun I get from Jo Stewart of New Zealand who is the 2007 IFBB Masters World Champion and 2008 Arnold Amateur Champion. She is also the same age as me and a fabulous person - check out her site http://www.muscle-xpo.co.nz/ She will amaze you!
Well thanx to Jo and my ever supportive and incredibly patient husband, I now weigh 62kg with a 20% body fat.
When I started I could manage 10 mins on a cross trainer on level 1 till I almost fainted and staggered off to sit down.... now its a 30 min run on the treadmill at 11mph before I bounce off and do ab exercises.
dress size 8-10
soooooooo I think to my little self..... need a challange, need to prove to people that nearly 50 is NOT old, need to get a big helping of BRAVE and get on stage and show myself I am spectacular..
need to go and make lunch!! wow time flys when you get into these things....

Anyway here I am.... look forward to meeting some of you othe figure ladies blogging and in the flesh...

No comments: