Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Thursday 20 November 2008

Back Day

Well Normally I just do "Back Day" and move on... It just doesn't turn me on the way the other bits do...

I mean I enjoy it and all but since there are no mirrors that show your back at my gym it's hard to tell how well it is going...

So we go to Target....

How weird are we... we have found that a certain dressing room at our local Target store has the mirrors set up in such a way that you can see all of your back without having to twist around!!! So every now and then we grab random clothes and go and pretend to try them on while checking out our backs!

I personally like to grab clothes that I consider "wrong" for me like tube tops from the teeny bopper range or nightclub mini dresses is shocking pink then when we get to the lady who gives out the "how many???" tags I say to Hubby - I am sure these won't go around your chest...

Anyway today when I did my Chin ups on the Real Boys Chin up bar in front of one of the PT's she decided to have a go too, but she could only just manage One... I did 3 sets of 5! Not bad considering I am around 10 years older than her hehehehehe

Of course then one of my favorite 70 yr olds came along and he pumped out 8.... After having to stand on a step to reach the bar.... So now I have to aim for 3 sets of at least 8!!!... Damn him hehehehe

I also finally hit the 60kg mark on my hated set of scales - WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Amazing really especially since I had a really late tea last night and expected to have a gain today... O.K. the scales are back to being my friend again, well for today anyway.

Then I was a good girl and after walking to the library carried on down the road and visited my parents... all I can say is ... SIGH!

Love them to bits but.... she is 82, she is 82, she is 82.... and Dad's hearing is still on the blink so it does turn into a bit of a video loop thing where you have to tell each of them about anything twice to get it through to either of them... And then they tell each other what you just said and that alone is just tooooo cute for words..

I was very good and didn't have the scones, or biscuits, or cake that was offered throughout the visit... and yes Mum it is black coffee, yes no milk, no, no sugar... yes just black... no, really, no biscuits... or scones... the coffee is great, no, no milk - thanx.... LOL toooo cute!

SO I am at work tonight cause this is my THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!!! YAY!!! CAN NOT WAIT!!! Just being able to wake up naturally will be fabulous and then to go out for the whole day without having to constantly watch the time... sigh can not wait....

Not sure if I will blog this weekend... unless of course the weigh in on Saturday is something totally spectacular... then of course I will totally brag about it ... hehehehe

2 comments:

gypsy77 said...

Go you with the chin ups!!

I just love your competitive streak, sound just like someone I know quite well!!

Have a great long weekend!

Anonymous said...

He he he, love the Target episode! Erika