Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Saturday 15 November 2008

Look Ma no feet!!!!

Hamstrings today... Love it!!!

Was a great session, but then I always enjoy legs...

So when I am completely knacked and kneeling/laying on the floor next to the dumbbell rack after doing a gazillion dumbbell squats... ok it was 20...

Hubby calmly looks at the guy who just walked in and says... "No, She's ok, just praying the the gym gods..." Cute eh?

So we trained early and then leapt on the Harley's (I was going to put bikes but then you would probably think we pushbiked and would be impressed... but we didn't) and rode to Mooooloooooolabahhhhhhhh to get some sea/surf/sun for a couple of hours before I had to get back here for work.

Now there are some things everyone should know about riding a motorcycle... there are definite things that do not mix with sitting astride a bike doing 110km's...

1. SAND... I received yet another dermabrasion session today after following a 4x4 which had obviously been offroading it on the beach somewhere. Being sandblasted at 110kms is not a fun thing, although I am sure my skin must look better for having the top 37 layers removed hehehe

2. RAIN.... Rain is soft water falling gently from the sky... until you hit it doing 110kms then it becomes the consistency of concrete and works alot like sand - see above... No it didn't rain on us today but the sand thing reminded me...

3. CRAMPS!!!! - so you think that getting a cramp in your quad is bad when you are sitting in front of TV... ok just try it riding a bike down a highway... Both quads... same time... luckily you don't need the brakes (right foot) or gears (left foot) on a straight highway... well until you want to stop that is...

So there I am gliding down the highway with both legs stuck out from the bike trying desperately to get rid of the cramps... I'm sure some of the car drivers thought I was just being a show off.. I wish! I got rid of them just in time for the stop sign at the end of the off ramp - Whew!

4. CIGGY BUTTS - think about it.... next time look at your rearview mirror before you toss the burning thing out your window, which is a disgusting way of disposing of them anyway!

5. BUGS!.. By God Australia has some HUGGGGGEEEE bugs! It's like being hit on the nose by a rhino sometimes! The only thing worse is when they manage to go down your throat... which brings me to ....

6. YAWNS... see bugs! Ohhh and Sand...

and just in case you have ever wondered... no you can not blow a bubblegum bubble when doing 110kms... Yes of course I tried... wouldn't you???

No comments: