Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 26 November 2008

Pretending to be normal..

Missed blogging last night because I was out pretending to be a normal person..

It was my big Brothers 55th birthday so the family gathered at the RSL for the birthday dinner thing.

Well I got to say that I am now so used to eating "clean" that the choice of dinners was pretty limited for me. I was trying very hard to appear "normal" and eat what was available but everything was full of butter sauce or rice/potatoes/pasta, no wonder people have trouble staying healthy... sigh!

In the end I settled for oven baked Dory and salad which was ok, but was really reallyyyy greasy compared to what I am used to.. Luckily the salad came with a packet of dressing which I didn't use...

Had a nice time with my parents, daughter and big bro. which was what it was all about!

Today Dad went to find out why he can no longer hear... apparently when you hit 83 you just start to wear out and his hearing is wearing out pretty fast... He reckons that after being with Mum since they were 13 (yes 13 - they met when they both started work at 13!!!) He was surprised it took 70 years for her to have worn his ears out hehehehe Brave man!!!

Whew huge sigh of relief throughout the family!!!

training is still bopping along, I am due for a new programme from Jo which I will start next week - Can not wait!!!!

Nothing much else to report.... ummmm nope still have no life but gym, work, sleep, gym, work, sleep...

No comments: