Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 8 December 2008

HOW LONG??????????!!!!!!!!

I was given an interesting compliment today.... "Gee your bum looks great, you have finally lost that saggy look" funny it wasn't a man who said it either..... LOL...

The lady, who is very close to my age and height but is still the same size we both were at the beginning of the year, was lucky I was attached to an abductor machine at the time of the comment as it is those few days before TOM where I am ready to either cry or kill with not a lot in between...

But it was her next comment that intrigued me... "Sooooo, when can you stop this??"

When Hubby told her (yes I was in the middle of a set so I WAS NOT TALKING!) that the comp is in May she said... "Ohhhhh you have to do this for THAT long!!!"

Now I just smiled and nodded, since apparently, you are not allowed to kill with dumbbells- go figure, but the very first thing that popped into my head was...

No, I hope to do this for a hell of a lot longer actually, this my lifestyle, this is how I WANT to live.

I hope I am still pushing weights when I am in my 70's at least! I do not want to do this comp and say.. been there done that now hand me the cake...

I know I can ease off a bit once the FIRST comp is over until I am ready to do the next, and if I choose not to do a "next" I still want to keep training... hopefully forever!

I actually really like this bland food that I eat every day. I look forward to my Tuna and when I have had to have something else for lunch due to weird circumstances I have missed my Tuna!!!

Yes I do crave the odd carb hit, especially this week of the month, but mostly I don't miss them if I can have the odd sugar free gum or Pepsi hit.

I think this is the reason people find they can not make gains, change their lives or grow..

To them this is a chore, a means to an end, something they do so that they can say they ha done it and can brag about over the large slice of cream cake they eat at morning tea....

"Ohhhh darling, of course I can eat this, I train every day!!!"

When in reality they may arrive at the gym, they may spend an hour in the gym and then they go home... Train??? well, a lot of the time I think it's a case of the chubby engine that should...

Well that's my thoughts for today, me and my no longer saggy arse are going to eat Kangaroo - yep it is definitely yum!

No comments: