Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Long a windy road...

Yep it is a long a windy road, but at least it is a down hill road and the fat numbers are still dropping very nicely thanx and the muscle numbers are increasing..

Which I am sooooo pleased about...

But according to Hubby I should be jumping up and down ecstatic, but I'm not and as I tried to explain to him this morning...

I know deep down I have changed for the better and I am in the best shape of my life.
I look fit and healthy and great for my age.
Lots of people comment on how well I am looking.
One of the gym instructors tells me I am her inspiration!

BUT....

I am not where I want to be yet, and now I find that I compare myself to him all the time..

Which I know is Stupid, yes with a Capital S, but he is sitting on 8% body fat...
yes that is not a typo... 8 PERCENT BODY FAT!!!

So even though mine is steadily dropping I feel FAT!!!!!

I look at his arm muscles and veins and my arms look pudgy,
I can see all 6 of his 6 pack... just almost, if I suck it in real hard, 2 of mine are there..
His back is totally ripped, unless I go to Target I can't even see my back... sigh

I know he is a bloke and they don't hold the fat the same, but he eats way more than me and we are talking, cakes, rolls, muesli bars, wine every night, and he is still 8 bloody %!!!!

So......
Yay I am still heading in the right direction
Yay I am not loosing muscle I am only loosing fat
Yay I am happy
blah, bah, blah...

Sorry trying to be ecstatic here... woohoo!

1 comment:

gypsy77 said...

I know how you feel, it is just not fair!

It's taken only 2 months for my hubby to lose 7kg, and I'm on 1kg. I eat so extremely well (ok, it's alot, but still all clean) He eats whatever he wants, like 2 spearmint drumsticks after dinner tonight. I had an apple! Not fair.

I just remind him that my insides are so much healthier than his insides. And that I feel good almost all of the time...he is always tired, grumpy, sick with a cold. I always feel great.

You are doing a fantastic job and you've come so far. It's okay to feel frustrated.

And please, never again mention the Target mirrors....thats where I discovered I have back fat, lots of back fat!!!!!!!!! I cried!!!!