Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 14 December 2008

When Creepies go bad...

I am a softy when it comes to creepy crawleys...
(Cockroaches are the exception to my rule - arghhhh!)

Of course New Zealand creepies are 99% harmless, the exception is the Katipo spider which is the NZ Red Back but it hangs around on deserted beaches not inner city apartments, so maybe that is why I have had no real reason to fear them....

I used to be terrified of Weta's but that was due to the ugly factor not the danger factor and one day I had to get over that and did.. but that's another story...

So because I am a softy I will not allow spiders of any shape or size to be killed if they venture into my domain.


They are gathered into containers and released back out into the real world and if they are attached to the outside of my domain they are free to produce their webs of amazing shape and form and catch whatever passes by.

We even had a web which grew so large that we referred to it as "the awning" and if you walked into it by mistake you just sort of bounced back and "the awning" held.. fabulous!!! One day the spider was gone and the awning has since dissolved but it was definitely not us humans who made it go. You have awesome spiders over here, they are so colourful and BIG..

I also hate watching bugs beat themselves to death on bright lights, just doesn't seem right since we are the ones who have created these unnatural lights....

So last night while I was at work I noticed a beautiful HUGE lime green Katydid struggling to right itself after belting into an outside light..

Being the softy I am I bent down and gathered the beautiful lime green insect into my hands with the intention of launching it over the balcony and away from the light..

Damn thing BIT ME!




What is this????
A man eating Katydid..
well woman eating actually..
How ungrateful!!



Yes I know it was just trying to protect itself but really - how rude! Ended up helping it by swearing and flicking it into outer space but at least it got away from the light... It actually left a bite mark... tell ya it seriously dented my softness to bugs attitude!

But all was forgiven, after all we (Katydid's included) all make mistakes and I was back to loving all creatures great and small again this morning...

Till we went to the beach and I was stung on the stomach by a small red and white jellyfish....

Nothing major, just a small annoying burny sting.... No medication required..

But it has made me realise that it must be so very hard to be a Buddhist because I suddenly have a craving for Katydid soup and jelly fish fritters...

ohhhhh and my biggest fear is now...because I do seriously believe in such things... As Australia has such a vast array of creepies.... what is the hell is the third creepy that will get me............................................................ gasp!

Forgot to say... Saturday weigh in was all fabulous - very slight weight gain and fat% same.. now what was that movement I just saw out of the corner of my eye........

No comments: