Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Thursday 11 December 2008

I feel pretty ohhh so pretty..

I had a great jog yesterday, and I got back before the storm - whew!

I was really tired before the gym this morning as I have really bad leg pains at the mo, and they kept me awake most of the night..

I get these sharp aches like shin splints when my TOM is due but this month they seem worse than normal. I had endometriosis from the time I was 13 it was so bad that I would spend 3 days curled up in a ball in pain. I finally had the op to remove them about 10 years ago and since then have only had to put up with these weird lower back and leg twinges for a day and then all is good again, but this month - 4 days of ouch! I finally took some pain killers after breakfast which I just hate having to do..

I mean whats with that - come on I'm 48 these should be getting less, where is this menopause I was promised! LOL

Sooo anyway it was leg day again today and once I got to the gym my "tired" fell off and I went HEAVY, I did personal bests with140kg Hack Squats, and 110kg leg press - felt great! I reckon tomorrow will be a John Wayne walk day.

Had my nails done again yesterday... hence the heading of the blog .... so now I feel pretty, oh soooo pretty, I feel pretty and witty and bright... come on sing along... my sister and I do this to each other... we email show tunes cause you just know they will end up singing the damn things all day at work... If I was a rich man deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle deddle dum... hehehehe

But on a catastrophic note... I discovered while having my nails done that the fabulous hairdresser it has taken me nearly 5 years to find... GONE, Gone, gone!!!! Seems although she was a fabulous hairdresser she didn't "fit" the salon...

Now call me cynical - well mostly cause I am - but isn't it a coincidence that the replacement person is an old friend of the other senior hairdresser/owner and who had just happened to decided to go back into the work force just when the salon needed her... hmmmmmm

I am gutted!!! No-one can tell me where she has gone, I had an appointment for next week for Xmas Hair ( A fire engine red stripe instead of a purple stripe!) but I cancelled that cause last time I asked one of the other hairdressers to do it she was too worried that I wouldn't like it and gave me a dark mahogany red instead of fire engine red... sigh!

Maybe this is a sign that it must be time for me to grow my hair long... I put it up in a tiny itty bitty ponytail anyway so I will just have to keep doing this till I can track down another hairdresser... either that or I WILL have to fly to NZ to my old one or maybe up north and share Essie's!
So I now go to log off and wander down to the bedroom and see..

Tank... On his.. um our bed...Had to wake him totake the photo... so much for the alet guard dog
huh?? mum??? Wot??? smacko's???

and Morgan on her sofa being as relaxed as a wound up Pygmy dog ever gets... Photo??? where?? when?? now??? why???



No comments: