Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 2 January 2009

Whew - Survived!!!!

May all who read this have a happy New Year and I hope this year brings you peace, happiness and the love you deserve.

Me... Well I'm just relieved to have made it through to the other side of the crazy season without too much upset to my routines and eating! Having family around is great but is also quite stressful especially since we had to work right through the time while everyone else had a holiday and expected us to have the time for visits, meals, days off etc.

It can be amusing and frustrating when people think that because you have your own business you can just have a day off whenever the mood takes you... "Gee, sorry Mrs Smith it's just toooo nice a day to clean your car...." I wish!!! LOL

We spent a really nice New Years Eve with close friends and although it was quiet we had a great night, only had a couple of wines then hit the diet coke, and since it was soooooo hot the Coke was nicer than the wine... now that's something I never thought I would say LOL

The gym I go to is back to normal hours again as of today -Yay! Trying to keep the training going when the gym wasn't open was a feat of juggling but we managed to get lots of HIIT runs to try and compensate for the carbs that were hanging around our place over the last two weeks.

This morning at 5.30am Hubby threw out the last of the Xmas pudding that was lurking in the freezer, thank goodness for that! I tell you if there is any form of cake or cheat carbs in this house they hide in the cupboards and call my name!!!

Truely!!! I can be lying outside half asleep on a lounger and I can still hear these little voices chanting... eat us, eat us, eat us... we are yummy, we are yummy...

When they are not here I do not even think about them, but one lone biscuit will drive me nuts if it is sitting in the cupboard... sigh, I am a true addict hehehehe

Today I am back to normal and trained back and Triceps, restarted my intake log, ate egg whites and oats for breakfast and I am already half way through my first 1.5 litres of water and I tell ya I feel much better already.

It's now 2009 and in 4 days I would have changed my life for a total year, I am over 20kgs lighter and my BF% had dropped by over 22% , I have dropped from a size 18 to a size 8, my countdown to May competitions has truely began, I am more focused and more determined than ever to get up on that stage, I am so very pleased with my body shape and condition, and this year will ROCK!!!!

Time to go and have a protein shake..... yum... yep they are addictive too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! Essie

Raechelle said...

Good luck with 2009! And lucky you with your gym already open!