Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 4 January 2009

In the Groooooove...

Trained Legs on Saturday...

It was tough and I will confess to totally hating 3 sets of 20 Step-ups-onto-a-high-bench-with-bloody-heavy-weights-in-your-hand-when-the-sweat-is-dripping-off-your-elbows..... gasp!

Then when you finish them and look at your training journal and see that the next leg exercise is back upstairs and is HEAVY Hack Squats... you just know that come Sunday you will walk like John Wayne...

But NO!

Sunday morning rolls around and we are off for a HIIT jog/walk along the waterfront and my legs were actually moving in a semi-human manner... go figure!

The old legs were a bit tired and we had a head wind from hell that kept the heart rate up round 75% when I was only walking, it was so strong it was like doing the incline on the treadmill!

The next problem I have to face is that with more and more jogging, the actual time it takes to do the waterfront HIIT routine is diminishing! So I now have to fine an extension to the well worn path we take... might have to venture over the bridge...

Yes... I am back in the groooove... and feeling a lot better for it!

But I has this wonderful thought on Saturday while I was spread over the high bench panting and gasping for breath....I might just see if I can organise it so the next programme Jo gives me only has exercises in it that require sitting or, even better, lying down....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He he, sitting or lying, I think not!

gypsy77 said...

Hi Cath!!!!

Thankyou for your kind words a few days ago. Ty is doing well, we are back to hospital tomorrow for more x-rays and a check on his lungs and chest. Fingers crossed!!!!

I'm so jealous of your runs and leg workouts! I ran this morning.....ohh shit, only a few weeks off and the legs are giving me grief! You'd think the rest I've had would have helped my poor old shins, but nooooooooo! And whats with the heart rate spiking to 202??? My trainer was trying to get me into the 180's a few weeks ago and couldn't....no problem now!

I'm amazed at how quickly my fitness seems to have dropped. Takes so long to get there and it's gone again so quickly...ripped off!

Happy New Year!!

Witchazel said...

Nessie, you are just a meany!! The more I think about it the more I eckon it coul dbe done LOL..

Hey Gypsy!!! So glad to hear Ty is doing well, I bet this is one Xmas you won't forget!! It's probably the stress that has stolen your fitness, I'm sure it will be back in no time and I will be jealous of your heartbeat again LOL