Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Thursday 27 August 2009

So this is what 4am looks like...

I will openly admit that I have always been able to stay up till dawn but not get up at dawn..

I am a Horny Owl not a Dawn Breaker...

So I viewed this mornings 4am wake up call to fit my training and cardio session in before work with a good dose of trepidation. I was pleasantly surprised (ok bloody amazed) to find that my body and mind did not mutiny this morning and I really loved burning shoulders and HIIT cardio before the sun is up.... ohhh ok while the sun was coming up... I walked home from the gym and that was the best way to finish the workout and get ready for my day..

I did crash and struggle to stay awake from about 9am to 10am but by 10.30 I had passed that stage and my day was just another normal day in the purgatory cave of sucky job.....

Today there was another birthday at SJ so at 9.30 I was once agian the butt of the jokes and told how mean I was because I would not eat one of the birthday home baked macaroons... at 12.30 jokes were made about how lame I was cause I had tuna, rice & veges for lunch while others had eaten nachos... at 3.15 I was told it sucked to be me because I could not have one of the next lot of birthday cupcakes or lemon meringues, at 3.45 I was told that I really should eat some of the practice September meal of the month which was battered fish & chips and if I could not eat a chip I would certainly be able to have one grape or maybe I could just suck a lemon wedge....

So after being up at 4am and having this tossed at me all day why would I be considered insane if I took one of those lemon wedges and shoved it up someones nose.... sideways... with the toothpick still in it??????? Hell I could plead carb deprivation or even Menopause... and if I didn't have a supplement addiction to feed I would tell them where to put the said lemon wedge and walk... but I need to eat and own a roof so I must enjoy the fact that they will never know how close they are to snorting lemon wedges lol

After I had finally escaped back out into the real, beautiful, fabulous world I went back to the gym and trained abs and now I am just about ready to go to bed... I am just waiting, waiting, waiting to have my bed time meal and in the meantime I must be off to organise tomorrows clothes etc...

ohhh and I never once felt deprived or even vaguely interested in any of the offered food.. In fact when I was told it sucked to be me I said "Actually its bloody great to be me"...

5 comments:

Tearose said...

LOl Can I watch?! Wow what losers, great response though, good for you for handling it so well :)

Magda said...

Cathy you just stronger and stronger every day. Its sad to think that people stoop that low to make personal digs at you for choosing a different lifestyle. I guess there are all sorts in this world.

Hang in there!!

Magda

Tara said...

What a bunch of wankers!!

Good on you for staying strong. Personally I would have made a retort about their physical condition and told them to get lost! but not in such a polite manner ;o)

Bec said...

People are just jealous because they can't make the kind of committment you have to improve health, fitness and weight so they make you the butt of the joke. sad isn't it.

mq01 said...

well you are bloody great!!! jealousy smells and eats lots of cupcakes...