Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 28 December 2009

Just marking time...

Trained shoulders after the eggy oats this morning which was kind of weird... We always train first thing in the morning and I always train on an empty stomach, well sort of empty... it has been given the usual pre-training supplements - Glutamine, L-Carnitine, Creatine, BCAA's, sometimes a protein shake and always a cup of green tea but no solid food.

So it felt kind of strange to be doing work with a belly full of eggy oats.. It was hot as hell and humid beyond belief in the gym this morning. As I have mentioned before the gum is in an old set of squash courts that have been carpeted and the roof leaks when it rains heavy and this morning it was pouring when we got there inside and out!

Since the gym was officially closed today we had the windows and doors all locked up so it was like training in a sauna. A great way to work up a sweat LOL. I was glad it was just shoulder day today and although we usually tack on some abs or cardio after the shoulders, it was just too uncomfortable in there so we did shoulders and got out.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting as the gym doesn't officially open till 7am not 6am, of course we are both back at work tomorrow so we will be there at 5am and be walking out at 6.30, this could prove to be a bit of a sore point to any of the moaning regulars who think the place will be open at 6am... hmmm might just see if we can be in and out before 6am - yes I AM a total wimp - come on you are all fully aware of my confrontational wimpyness by now so don't act so surprised!!! LOL

Spent the rest of the day lurking around doing stuff all because of the rain then managed to get a quick hour in the sun at 2pm so I am nice and pinkish, then grabbed the furry kids and took them to the beach for a drag along by Tank for me and a swim for Hubby with Morgan practicing her body surfing and Tank practicing getting back out of the water as fast as possible.

Ended the day sitting on the balcony of the Bribie Bowls Club over looking the passage, and watched the tourists go by and the boats come in.... no dolphins today... they must be on Xmas leave...

Now I have to go and catch up on my assignments so when the college opens on the 5th I can send in a couple of assignments and get ahead of the game...

One of the assignments required me to cook three types of meat, Fatty, Medium Fat and Lean. I had a hell of a job choosing the meats and in the end I only ended up with semi fatty pork loin chops, skinned chicken breast and 98% fat free Kangaroo. I just could not buy a fatty cut of meat to cook as I would have just thrown it away! Hopefully they will understand the reasons behind my choices, to me pork loin chop with most of the fat cut of and grilled is a fatty meat!!! But yes they were yummy - we had them for tea, the chicken with salad is for morning tea tomorrow and the roo and salad is for lunch :o)

Also I want to work on a new training programme tonight for the 1st so I can hit the New Year ready to blast my way to the competitions!!!

1 comment:

mq01 said...

i have my fingers crossed that it goes well at the gym in the morning. take another few minutes to sit/lay in the sun for me :) ahhhh sun....