Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 26 February 2010

Positive.....

After my bad week last week and my enormous 1mm drop in skinfolds Kelli reminded me of the power of positive thinking...

As soon as she said it I could have kicked myself, because she was right, I had totally fallen into a hole of negativity and was not even doing my normal grateful log before going to sleep.

It is very easy to become negative when you hear negativity every day. The News in the media is worded in a such a way to emphasis the negative aspects in our lives, everyone is taught to self loathe and focus on their "bad bits", how often does someone say... "Hell look great today just look at me!!!" and if they did how would we automatically respond??? Laugh! or put them down because really who would dare to say such a thing about themselves???

Why are we so happy to be so negative? We should be celebrating ourselves!!!

So now I am refocused on the positive, back to doing my Grateful Log each night before sleep, back to enjoying the sweat of training and the breathlessness of cardio... Today I ran for 20 minutes at 9mph on an incline of 1, and my heart rate sat right where it should have at 80%, that is fabulous!!! I enjoyed every minute of it and I can't wait to do the 40 minutes of cardio tonight. I came home happy and hungry and loved having my eggy oats which are back into my life again YAY!

I came into my computer and study room and saw my before picture on the wall and thought HELL YEAH! I am fabulous look at me now!!!

Today make sure you congratulate yourself on your achievements they are never too small to enjoy, they are never too little to matter. Today you will do something to make a difference to your life, you will choose a fork in the road and that will change everything, you do it every day without even noticing, that pause at the give way sign, that turn into a book shop instead of the cake shop. Look back on today and be thankful for the right choices you have made and remember that every choice is yours to make and every choice matters....

YAY ITS FRIDAY!!!!!! Have a great one - I will!!!!

2 comments:

mq01 said...

YEAH!!! i always get fabulous reminds from you, thank you witchazel!!! love and hugs!!! happy friday :)

mickncoll said...

Love it Cath, you inspired me to start my own blog, let me know what you think.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fmickncolleens.blogspot.com%252F%253Fspref%253Dfb&h=406233108951b990cc8afb38a5af70ba&ref=nf