Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Tuesday 20 April 2010

A quick slap around the head...

Gee I was pretty pathetic on Sunday - still not feeling totally fabulous about my life choices but hey can't sit in a bog full of mud and weep everyday so gave myself a quick slap around the head and I am moving along...

REALLY enjoining the new training split we are doing at the moment!! It is a two day split one day off two days split two days off..

Day 1 is all upper body and day 2 is all legs, they are both full of supersets with a real mixed up sort of a workout... adding in cardio on day 3 and 6... and sometimes at night on day 1 and of course the Sunday morning waterfront joggy thing...

Feels messy to start with but since we have now done a couple of weeks of it they are falling into place. We actually got it from Steve Jones website Powerzone Nutrition which has a few different programmes on it.

I refuse to get stuck on one particular sort of programme and have found this one a total change, hard, fast, heavy, it is cardio and weight training combined, which is just as well since we have lost 30 minutes of gym time now that the opening hours have been dropped back to5.30am.

We have also been told that the gym owner is now "surveying" to see if the hours can be cut back again to 6am... we are doing our own head count and with an average of 12 people coming in at 5.30am, 90% of whom have told us that they would not be able to train if the 6am opening happened, then another 5 or 6 have arrived by 6am.. I really can't see how the 6am opening can be justified.....But hey, not my gym....

So I am pulling my head in, smiling and nodding and once again having to train with no idea whether I can carry on doing the programme or even train at all in a couple of weeks...


The toughest part is the uncertainty, how one of the other girls who is competing in 37 days is managing not to let her head explode I don't know... At the moment I have the time to do what cardio I want at night if I have to, but after the 31st of May when I start to really count down to October, I don't know how I will manage let alone those last few weeks where you tend to only see the inside of a gym, the kitchen bench and your bed... ahh the bliss of competing - yes I really DO miss it!!!

So once again the uncertainty of "will I be able to train" is lurking and this is not helping with my general overall outlook on the wide world... and really... to be honest.... turning 50 in 38 days is also messing with my head... totally... messing... stupid numbers... get sick of numbers!! If its not age, its scales, millimetres, percentages, kilo's, grams of chicken, rice or sweet potato, hours to the next meal... ok minutes to the next meal... blah blah blah.. numbers sigh!!!!lol

So anyway... every thing is pretty much back to normal, or as normal as it ever gets, in my head.... (insert echo.. head, head, head) lol and speaking of numbers the clock tells me lunch time is over and I have to get back to work....

1 comment:

mq01 said...

have you been able to ride much? would some head space help? big hugs and erasing numbers off the worldly chalkboard that keep pestering us. woohoo, competition is soon for you!!