Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 16 May 2010

See! This is why weight IS NOT the issue....

So here I am having reached day 4 of the Detox diet... must admit that I am totally in love with the 2 cups of fruit twice a day, but I am also having major withdrawal symptoms for my OATS! I miss them bad! Also having to wait till meal three for something warm to eat on a cold day isn't fun either....

I have also found that being hungry between meals is both a nice familiar place to return to and a difficult place to live in, I have been waking up with a rumbling tum at around 3am every morning and finding it really difficult to get back to sleep.. still it is only for a whole 5 days so I can handle another day of this no worries...... rumble rumble....

But once again I have had a slap around the head with my lesson once again being.....

IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU WEIGH, IT IS ABOUT HOW MUCH OF THAT WEIGHT IS FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started detoxing on Thursday morning and weighed in on Saturday morning.... so between Wednesday weigh in and Saturday's weigh in I had thrown away 2.7 kilos.... this morning I had tossed anther 500gms...

Now if I was focusing on my weight I would be doing the naked hamster dance round the bedroom... hell 3.2 kilos in 3 days... woooooohoooooo... BUT.... I know that this is just water weight.. maybe with a slight oily film of fat across the top of it if I am incredibly lucky... but I am sure I won't go and see Kelli on Wednesday and be told that I have lost 3.2kgs of fat.... Maybe in my dreams, but not in the real world...

So even though we all hop on the scales and peer at them in anticipation once, twice or even seven times a week what they tell us is only a tiny part of the story....

Of course remembering that is a very difficult thing... almost bloody impossible some days... and seeing the drop was fabulously inspiring to remain on the detox but I am under no illusions that the water will return as soon as larger amounts of carbs enter my food chain... no worries there as I know at this point it is just water...

Nothing much else is wild and exciting in my life at the moment, being back on the 3 hourly exact feeds has once again controlled our wanderings this weekend, well that and dollars since we are saving our pennies for the INBA Show next week and then the weekend after is my birthday and we are hoping to get down the Gold Coast for the Asia-Pacific and some birthday shopping....

Its was a spectacular day yesterday but it was taken up with housework, Hubbies work and general home duties... today was chilly and drab with low cloud cover and I got to ride pillion on Hubbies bike down for a coffee a whole 2 minute trip going the long way there so I didn't bother warming up the broom for a ride... Hubbies had already been out for a blat so I played lady on the back for a change.... it was decidedly weird... LOL

We then wandered down to the brand new Bribie Seaside Museum which was pretty good, really enjoyed the local information but would have preferred a bit more local stuff rather than general information on summer in Queensland... still it is a great thing for Bribie to have its own brand new museum and yet another place to wander to on a fabulous Sunday in paradise...

Well the weekend is almost over and tomorrow is last day on detox, on then to the whole new pre-competition diet.... first up is egg white omelet with mushrooms, capsicum and onions... YUM!... but still not my Eggy Oats... sigh!!!!!!! yes I am a addict LOL but I am so excited about the results that the new regime will bring...

Hope you all had a great weekend, and to all the girls competing next weekend... 6 MORE SLEEPS!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!! Can't wait to see you all strut your stuff!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll shout you some eggy oats if I can see a naked hamster dance lol!