Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 31 May 2010

Warm fuzzies, tears, pride & patience!!!

Ok.. first off my actual Birthday was a lovely day, a bottle of Midnight Poison from Hubby & the fur kids, a visit from Manda & Neil with a big bunch of flowers, lunch (from the old plastic container) with Mum & Dad a some lovely warm soft pj's for me to wear when I get home from the gym at night.. Not for bed! If I wear Pj's to bed they attack me in the middle of the night by wrapping around me like some sort of fluffy straight jacket... arghhhhhh...

Then off to become blonde.... boy that was a saga... 5 hours, to lots of bleaching, two lots of toners and a heap of shampoo, conditioner and blow drying later I came out exhausted and almost back to blonde, it still has a bit of colour to come out but it is definitely getting there.. from now on it will be foils every 6 weeks till we can finally get to a colour (or lack of it) that I like... Got to give a huge than k you to Dawn at DNB's for her patience and knowledge!!!

Saturday came and we hit the gym then headed down the coast, we left home at 9.30am and got to the Goldie around 11am... As always it was a fabulous show, the bodies were amazing and once again I just wanted to get on that stage... at one point when I was helping Julie out the back the stage hands kept calling for a Grand Master Figure lady, over and over... tell you if I could have I would have jumped into a bikini and hit that stage running LOL

I loved watching everyone from the blogs and facebook competing and hope you all could here me yelling your names LOL I was so proud of you all getting to the stage!! Felt like a mother hen when I was fluffing around Julie before she went on and got a little tearful with the warm fuzzies seeing her get to her goal...

Meeting all the other girls was the icing on the cake!!! You really are a wonderful, supportive, amazing bunch of women. I am very proud to know you all and it makes me feel very spoilt to be so accepted in this group of young vibrant strong people!!!

But man... honestly they MUST do something about having the Sports Models in this show...

Yes I think that they are a great draw card, but I really don't know if they belong in a body building show, and ok if they do, maybe they could have their own sports model competition...

Having to wait for 40 of them to strut their stuff in the afternoon then in the evening watch 40 routines and then another line up of 40 of them.... It became mind numbing!

They were all beautiful girls and I really can not wait for the boys to get into the sports model thing, but if they do and you end up with 40 female and 40 male sports models..... well we will be there for 24 hours!!!!!

As it was we never got home until about 1.30am Sunday Morning and as much as we really wanted to see them we just could not wait for the overalls to be judged!

My other "thing" about these shows is the food available at the venues... the INBA show was a great show, but the only food available on site was hamburgers, toasted sandwiches and chips they did not even have a coffee machine that worked.

The Asia-Pacific is better in that it is held at an RSL but the food available is still far away from what any of us would probably normally eat. I took my own meals and had to go to the carpark to eat, but I had some how managed to short change myself one meal and in the end just gave up trying to find an alternative..

Of course leaving the venue at 11.45 gave us no chance of finding anything open except Macca's and BP on the way home... I ended up having a muffin out of share desperation and hunger and managed to consume a whole days worth of carbs in one muffin...

Also missing what turned out to be two of my meals and around 2 litres of water I had lost 1.2kgs overnight between 7am Saturday morning and 9am Sunday, and I bet a lot of that will be muscle.... sigh!

My Sunday family lunch was fabulous, I was surrounded by my wonderful family and it was bliss... spent the afternoon chatting with my cousin and his wife and could have sat there all night, I really didn't want it to end!

I made sure I started my day with my normal meal then I missed my morning tea roo and salad so I could have a wonderful steak with chips and salad, and yes I even had apple & rhubarb crumble for desert... missed out my afternoon tuna and veges and by dinner time I was more than happy to get straight back onto the clean pre-comp diet and I won't be eating any other way now for 140 days :o)

So this Wednesdays weigh & measure should be an interesting one after the messy weekend I have had, still I am now 20 weeks out from Comp and way ahead on my skin folds so I am not in the least worried about the results....

I was back doing my cardio on the Cross trainer this morning and I am now waiting for Hubby to come home from work so he can yell at me while I train Chest and Triceps... YAY 140 days to go then its my turn again!!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Cath, it was so lovely to meet you. Glad you had a great b/day and I will be watching your next 14 days eagerly!!!!

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday Cath! Funny about the pyjamas, I'm the same...if I try to sleep with them on, I wake up with the legs twisted and rolled all the way up...weird :o
Loooove your enthusiasm.
xoxox