Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Thursday 27 May 2010

Thats it then......

GOOD BYE FORTIES
Can't say it hasn't been an interesting decade...
Been married
rode spotted horses on mountain tops
drove Pontiacs & Cadillacs
spun wheels at 100mph
found myself alone
discovered loyalty that lasts for eternity
Discovered the ecstasy of being a Nana
learnt to be a party girl
loved being foot loose
hated the loneliness
but loved being alone
learnt to follow my heart
danced like a gypsy
feared being homeless
lost loyal friends
gained timeless love
found me deep inside another
rekindled a true love
soared over the oceans
walked barefoot through paradise
rode full throttle into bushes
raced with the wind
Opened my eyes
reached out for a goal
started a journey
discovered a lifestyle
My last night in this decade will be just another night, with training and cooking and normal everyday stuff, I did a bit of housework today, a bit of gardening, ended up helping Hubby clean a couple of cars.... nothing wild and exciting to mark this day....
And really apart from the breath taking days when I watched two of my Grand children arrive into this world, none of the other days seemed particularly amazing when they happened either ..
Now looking back I can see how lucky I was to experience the good, bad and the down right terrible because without everyone of those days I would not be who I am or where I am today...
but now I am
Holding my breath and closing my eyes
ready to jump
reach higher
work harder
love deeper
and have more of the best times ever!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Cath, what a lovely post. Enjoy your evening...as tomorrow is the begining of a new chapter. Happpy birthday!!!!

mq01 said...

fabulous post about the fabulous times that make up a fabulous woman named witchazel :) im privileged and grateful that you share so much of yourself freely. im honored and joyful to have made the connection with you. im eager and excited about what the winds bring to you, for you. we love you cath! have the best birthday ever! and im sure this will be the best decade ever... XOXO!!! WOOHOO!! BRING IT, BRING 50!!

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

Happy belated b-day and welcome fab fifty!

Your amazing and I love the things you went through to become who you are now. I know this year will bring even more fabulous things!