Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 27 June 2010

Some assembly required...

Well I haven't had much to report this week so there was nothing to really blog about...

The Almighty Dollar has been ruling our life this week, well actually the disappearance of the Almighty Dollar has been ruling our life.. no money, a quiet week, end of story...

So this week has consisted of cardio, work, weights, cooking huge amounts of food, then sleep...
This is pretty much how it has been for over 2 years now and then finally after I threw an almighty earth shaking, brain blowing best ever tantrum in the middle of the cooking on Thursday night the every night cooking saga has finally been resolved... FINALLY...
After two years of having to cook two separate morning teas, tow separate lunches, two separate afternoon teas, and dinner for two every night.... This is of course after I have risen at 4.30am, gone to the gym for an hour, gone to work for 8 hours came home, done an hour of washing, cleaning, etc then gone to the gym for another hour....
So all this production line cooking took place at any time between 6.30 and 7.30pm... when I am starving... It has always been stressful... some night I have stood and sobbed at the kitchen bench as my carb depleted brain tried to cope with the logistics of all these meals, weighing different amounts of everything... Not pretty... at all...

Ok so I have managed to get it down to a fine art, but all hell breaks lose if I am interrupted or the phone rings or I discover that we have run out of one small ingredient...... Turmeric seems to be the worst culprit for running out and not telling me it has...

BUT finally.... this weekend... we managed to buy all the meat, rice and sweet potato that we will need for the week and I have cooked all the meals for both of us for the whole week...

Well not as actual meals, but in separate weighed up lots of kangaroo, chicken, rice, and sweet potato. The salads and green veges will still have to be done each night but at least I am not having to weigh and cook all that meat and sweet potato... So some assembly will be required but I have already done tomorrows food and wow what a breeeeeezzzzzzzzzzee!!
I am slowly teaching Hubby what a kitchen looks like, that there are things in the cupboard that men can touch and make stuff in... I have managed to coax and cajole him from just making the dogs dinner at night and his oats in the morning to now making his breakfast omelet as well...

Of course now he is the King of Omelets cause his are unbroken while mine are not... This has nothing apparently to do with the fact that I am rushing to make mine after arriving back from cardio and getting ready for work while he has had an hour to prepare his breakfast... he was even tempted to point this out this morning when he was feeling particularly brave.... of course after I gave him the WTF? look he walked slowly backwards away from me... He does like to live dangerously some days...

I am now slowly teaching him how to microwave the frozen veges.. I have found the best method is to slowly add small bits of information about the process into everyday conversation... then just when he least expects it I can ask him to actually cook the vegetables!!!! Its a lot like horse whispering actually... Hubby Haunting more like it LOL... I Know it will be scary for him but we all have to face our fears don't we...
Staying on the island for the weekend has been a nice change... we even had a wonderful walk along Woorim Beach this afternoon and got back just as a huge downpour came through...

The beach was nearly empty and you could see the dolphin just off the sand... it really is a beautiful relaxing place to wander... Some times you just have to stop and look around to discover how lucky you really are...

So now I hopefully have a little less stressful week ahead.. although it is end of financial year so I am sure I will need all the help I can get to reduce the stress... LOL




3 comments:

mq01 said...

beautiful pics and post witchazel. i love the beauty you have so close to home. and even though you love life and the lifestyle that being a fitness competitor brings, you still have days where some assembly is required, lol. my uncle and aunt cooked their meals every weekend for yrs, up until their retirement, it was easier for them. i bet it becomes easier for you too...

Stephanie Davis said...

wow yes that beach looks like an amazing place to de-stress. A lot of us can empathathize about the stress/frustration of constant food prep - especially if you want your food to taste good!! Meanwhile I laughed at a few guys who asked me whether i prepare Ali's meals as well as my own.. am i a bad wife? haha.

Magda said...

aaah the joys of preparing comp food back in 2007. i totally get how you feel. for me it was my comp food (often prepared in large batches on the weekend and partially portioned out for the week) then add in hubbie's dinner which never resembled mine and then our son's dinner (VERY fussy eater and just not worth the nightly stand off) oh and i cant forget hubbie's lunch every day and the the boy's school lunches. i shiver at the thought now.

:-)