Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Tangry.. Hangry and Chinless

It was hump day today which usually means I spend the day excitedly awaiting the time I get to go and see Kelli for my weigh in and to be pinched to death LOL

But today I woke up Tangry.... Tired and Angry... I had one of those hell night where you go to bed but then you spend the whole night waking up every hour to go to the toilet and every time you wake up your brain switches on to random bogus worrisome stuff and it takes you ages to get back to sleep then wham you wake up again to trudge to the loo... sigh...

So by the time the alarm went off this morning I was doing an impression of a hibernating bear being dragged out in the middle of the sleeping season... snarrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllll

Of course having to step on the scales for my hump day weigh in just made the snarrrlllll louder and when I saw the numbers had only dropped 200 grams from last Wednesday the snarl fixed itself to my face permanently.

All week I have been excellent on the diet front, fabulous with my cardio and I only missed one night of training when we had to pop off the island to give Hubby a chance to get a speeding ticket on Monday night... I am not even going to validate that with a comment on my feelings regarding aforementioned ticket... leaving that alone... walking away.... arms crossed... not impressed...

So when I saw the scales my day fell over... the morning was spent being snarky and snarly at work, and feeling strangely naked as I had left my mobile phone on the kitchen table... which, considering that the thing is almost part of my anatomy now, just shows how Tangry I was...

By the time I got home I was Tangry with a large dose of Hangry attached.... (Hungry and Angry) and even though I had lunch before we left, by the time we headed up the coast I was doing a pretty good impression of a troll who had someone walking over their bridge....

Once again Kelli greeted us full of enthusiasm and positive thoughts and turned my day around, and that was before she had even calipered me to within an inch of my life LOL

So the results for this week are....

Skinfolds down another 3.2mm
Muscle up 300 grams
body fat now sitting at 13.2% down from 13.9%

My diet has been changed for the first time and I am actually getting a little more carbs - yay oats are back in my breakfast everyday YAY!!!!

So after having a great boost of positiveness we high tailed it back to Bribie and lapped the grocery store, bolted home, I did a quick change act and then we headed to the gym so I could train Hammies & Glutes and Hubby could yell and make me giggle...

Yes.... I have discovered this week that when I reach that point where your body just says "No more reps" and Hubby tells me I have 4 to go I get the giggles... just when my muscles give out I giggle... WTF??? I mean I really thought that with my infamous 5kg weight throwing tantrums and general snarlyness I would yell obscenities or lean over and just smack him... but no I bloody giggle!!!! Like a child!!!! ridiculous!!!! In fact its so weird that I giggle more because I am not a giggiler at any other time..

After the Hammis & Glute session... which finished with me a giggling sweaty mess and Hubby saying "That was an excellent workout" like he had actually done it himself (see then I could have smacked him but I am still having trouble lifting my arms after the tricep workout yesterday) I came home and jumped in the shower, when I jumped out I discovered I had managed to wear the skin off my chin when I was doing lying hamstring curls!!! I didn't even notice the blood on the towel!!! Hubby was all like... "ohhh yeah I saw that when you did the curls... I thought you must have known... " Ummmm NOOO.. I was busy giggling and trying to finish the damn final set!!!

I am going to work tomorrow with a raw bloody chin and I will have to explain how you can rub your chin raw while lying on a bench on a towel curling your legs and be in so much pain and sweat that you just don't notice.... they will just look at me with that whole "she IS weird" look again... sigh....

Woooohoooo the green tea has just been delivered by Hubby which means it is also time for me to have my protein powder and diet jelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just picture me hobbling towards the kitchen... fast... hobble.. hobble.. hobble...

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Ah Cath you crack me up!!!!! LOL (or is it giggle giggle) I always get giggly when I am really tired. It will be late at night and hubby can say the most ordinary thing and for some stupid reason I start giggling. "oh, your really tired aren't you?" he says!!!!!

Have a good one at work tomorrow trying to explain that chin damage!

Hayley said...

HAHA, I liked this blog! I can relate to the part about being "weird" to people at work...

Fingers crossed you feel less Tangry tomorrow! =]

mq01 said...

:-D FABULOUS!! tangry be gone dammit or we'll just rub you out bloody raw :)