Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Clothes.......

Have you ever noticed how clothes can make or break you....

One minute you are fabulous, flaunting yourself in an outfit that makes you feel like you are the best thing in a skirt since Monroe on a air vent and then you change you top and whammo your fat and frumpy...

I was attacked twice by lethal mind bending clothing today...

After a day spent in my, once again, saggy baggy uniform... where the size 12 shirt could almost go around my waist twice and my size 10 skirt now hangs down and is constantly twisting around because it is so loose... I was asked to model the new uniform we will be getting....

Now I have modelled the uniform - in a size 10 - before... ummmm about 3 weeks ago I think... The shirt was loose and I even commented that they were obviously a big fit as they were almost as large on me as my size 12 shirts.... The size 10 pants were at that stage just slightly too big for me which was good as in all thing uniformish, the pants were way too short for me and sine they were slightly too big I could tug them down lower than they were made to go so my ankles were not visible......

SOooooo today when I was handed the shirt and pants in size 10's I ambled away knowing that they were both going to be baggy on me and they would probably have to find another model....

But hang on whats this... for a start the neck on the shirt was soooo tight I almost threw up...

See I can not stand to have anything touching my throat after having a total thyroidectomy and my neck cut completely from left to right - yes back then that was how they did it, yes they used clips not stitches to hold it back together, yes I did do Frankenstein Monster impressions to scare small children.... sigh....

The shirt itself was a nice snug fit... WTF??? ok so lets put the pants on... ok so lets try and put the pants on... WTF lets suck in the stomach and squeeze into the pants!!!! which of course are now closer to my knees than my ankles... sigh...

SO I left work back in my old saggy baggy uniform but feeling like I had gained 15kg of fat....

Then it was time to hit the gym so I threw on my singlet and shorts and headed to my favourite place.... well except for bed of course...

Arrived feeling thinner and back in the groove to gaze into the mirror and... WTF!!! There was a skinny old lady looking back at me... my training singlet is now baggy on me and I looked like I was half starved and water depleted... yes you could see cuts in my shoulders and legs but all that did to my tiny brain was make me look old and wrinkly...

I am now over it all... I realise that the clothing does maketh the man... or woman... and now I am home and in my cuddly pyjamas I really don't care how I look....

Goes to show how something as small as a piece of cloth with a number on it can screw with your head... how old stretched and worn out singlets can reduce your beliefs and how all this is just our heads messing with us when it comes to comp time...

Tomorrow is HUMP DAY!!! After I have been weighed, calipered, measured and questioned I will come home and let you know how I went... I AM still chanting 2.7 so I can't wait to see how close I got...

And now as they say on the funny farm.... Its Jelly Time!!

1 comment: