Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 22 August 2010

A Storey to Tell

It was Hubby's 50th Birthday yesterday and so to make a pretty great milestone I gave him a Storey Bridge Climb....

For those who don't know the Storey Bridge crosses the Brisbane river at the very edge of Brisbane city..

We did the "Night Climb" so we started climbing around 5pm and it was still daylight, we made it to the top just as the lights were coming on around Brisbane, but while there was still enough daylight to still see for miles and miles...

After a Friday of very heavy rain we were lucky that the day turned out picture perfect, with a slight breeze and the temp sitting at around 15 degrees C for most of the climb..

It was fabulous!!! Beautiful!!! Amazing!! not in the least bit scary or hard to do with a very slow pace and lots of stops there were even times when Hubby and I got a little stir crazy... In the end we climbed (up and down) 1,137 steps and had a wonderful night....I had a cheat meal worked into the comp diet so we went out to dinner at Southbank afterwards and with this vast array of food to choose from my head exploded... LOL... Actually by the time we got of the bridge and then made our way to Southbank we were both starving!!! We are not used to having to wait till 8pm to eat and we just landed int he first restaurant and ordered as fast as we could.. LOL

In the end the cheese cravings that I get when my bodyfat gets low won the day and we had cheesy pizza bread (just one slice each) and then I had nachos... lame and unimaginative but I NEW they would have cheese on them... LOL they turned out to be a nice small bowl with just the right amount of cheese... I was in heaven... then we both had Tiramisu and coffee, the desert once again a small sized portion, and today I have had no ill effects of a deviation from what my body is used to...

The one thing we both missed was WATER!!! Knowing we would be up on the bridge for around 21/2 hours we both stopped out normal water consumption at about 1pm so by the time 11pm rolled around and we got home I just wanted to stick my head under the tap and inhale!!! Even though we had water with our dinner I was as dry as!!!

Today I have been sucking back the water like I have just come out of being trapped in a sand pit for 3 months!!

Today we hit the gym early as I missed my Quad training yesterday just in case I needed them to climb the 1,137 steps... turned out I probably could have managed even after training them but today they got a blasting as I had no excuse not to worked them bloody hard... The rest of today was spent cooking up Roo and chicken and visiting my fabulous family...

Now another week is here and more goals to be reached.. I am still chanting 2.7 so I can't wait to see what happens on Wednesday...

After the bridge climb I think we may just have to find some other interesting things to get done and added to our "Been there, Did that" list after all we are now old and running out of time... heheheheheheehe

1 comment:

mq01 said...

you could add to the bucket list crossing the golden gate bridge ;)

WOOHOO! happy birthday and excellent present!

i wonder how many miles/kilos = 1137 steps???... have a great week!