Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 29 August 2010

Meanwhile............

I am feeling a bit guilty about my lack of bloggingness.... But really my life resembles a stuck record and you can only say, cardio, work, training, sleep, in so many ways before it becomes boring to the readers... and we do not want that, do we readers?? noooooooooo we don't!

So what else has been happening... hmm let me see if I can fill in the gaps between the above activities...

Well most of all I am loving the new gym and the staff are fabulous!! This is probably totally basic stuff to the rest of you who go to normal gyms but..... It is so clean! and there are staff to help those who need helping, and all the equipment works... go figure... these are some of the things that seemed to me to be missing from where I used to train... basic but necessary... and I feel spoilt every time I go to the gym and find I can use any piece of equipment without having to worry about who or what touched it before me... The spray bottles of cleany stuff are used by one and all and its great.. Yay!

ohhhh and on Friday night I had an epiphany.... I watched two groups of young women come in and use the gym... I did type "train" in there but then decided that what they did was definitely not training... the first group of 4 came in and walked into the weights room the 4 of them each picked a machine and did one set on it with the weights set at the lowest possible weight, they then walked into the cardio area and all walked on the treadmills while reading magazines for the next 10 minutes....

Then second group of three arrived shortly after the first group and proceeded to stand on the vibrating machines... while talking to each other and sharing a phone conversation by passing or yelling at a mobile phone... after being shaken and not stirred for 5 minutes they went into the spin room...

At this point I thought "Finally! they are going to actually do something!" and yes they did.. they stood and pointed at the cycles then had a conversation about the up and coming party on Saturday night... they then left the gym... the first group had just finished there tough walking regime and they also left the gym...

Now my epiphany was this.... the women who were left in the gym, all who had been actually working out during the parade of these young women, were all obviously around or over 40. We were all sweating our arses... large and small.. off to try and look younger.... but really when you stopped and looked at the bodies and attitudes or the young women that we were trying soooo desperately to stay slightly similar to.... well really... our older bodies were pretty muchin better shape and give me my old muscles any day!

Yes youth is wasted on the young sometimes .... lol...

The weekend was spent cleaning, cooking up weekly meals, and general mucking around with required chores. Today we went to Maroochydoore and did just a touch of shopping, coffee drinking and wandering... a new workout top was my one and only purchase as my singlets are now looking like well washed out saggy sacks... Hubby, for once, bought nothing!! But then he is smack in the middle of a total rebuild so if he had bought clothing today it would probably not fit him at the end of the feeding, training, growing, cutting, different feeding plan... sadly my day was spent in the company of a just sore enough to bug me nauseous headache with a tight neck and traps thrown in for good measure... for some reason I could see better without my glasses on and although the headache hasn't got worse it hasn't gone either... ick!

Now its the start of another week and just 3 days till my next calliper test.. I have revised my chant for the week and I am now aiming at 40.8 as I didn't realise how little I would need to loose to reach 41.8.... so I am still focused and hanging out for the morning spin torture...

oh and Liz... if you read this... no! I am not even going to do one of your spin classes because, in case you hadn't already caught on to it... I AM A WHIMP!! And even if with a healing shoulder I am sure you would whip me into a soggy crying mess!!!! The only way I could keep up with you would be if you rode with both legs tied behind your neck hehehehehehe dare you... hehehehe

Hmmmmm wonder if jelly cures headaches????????????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Cath, you ride a broom :) Now that is one ride I'm no good at. How about a class and a broom ride :) he :)

xoxox

mq01 said...

i'll take older mature muscles any day! i need a better gym, or better classes, damn money tree-where are you?!... maybe a neck/shoulder massage, heat, or a roller will help the headache?

Witchazel said...

lol Liz, a broom is sooo easy it has a motor to do all the work and if men can ride them we can ride them better :o))

MQ!!! I would kill for a massage!!! There is a fabulous lady on Bribie who does remedial massage who I am trying to fit into one of my time poor days... sigh!! Maybe this week....