Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Stand on your head....

Perspective can make or break you...

How you decide to interpret a situation can influence your whole day, maybe even your whole life...

So today... after a week of spinning myself to a soggy mess every morning, eating e.x.a.c.t.l.y. to pre-comp nutrition plan and lifting the equivalent of a few semi trailers full of Outer Mongolian Bush Rats I have reduced the goo in my body by the grand total of 1 millimetre... yes I haven't missed a number out... just ONE millimetre......

Hmmm so much for reaching 41.8 or even my revised goal of 40.8 mils total skinfolds... I am now at 42.4 mils...

So I will not lie.. I was sooky about the loss... I sulked all the way home. This sulking was generously interspersed with the odd snarl at Hubby when, in his incredibly logically helpful way, he commented with logical helpful comments... which were all incredibly logical and truthful and helpful... which really just made me want to rip his lips off and shove them up his nose....

So after getting home and organising tomorrows food and tonights dinner, grumbling my way through the chicken and green veges, I came into here and opened up all my skinfold charts from previous competitions and did the old "then and now" match up....

And well.... bugger me! I am actually in a better place on all my measurements than I was on any of my previous four comps... I have gained a good hunk of muscle, my skin folds are smaller than they were at this point of time before any of the comps and I am now 5 inches taller!!! No sorry I'm not really taller... which is probably a good thing since I am already pretty tall....

All of this has proven to me that focusing on one number, or even the number One, is a waste of time and energy, this is a journey and I must look at the total process... I am presently 6 1/2 weeks out from my competition, if I continue to loose just One mil a week I will still arrive on comp day with a lower skinfold count than three of my four previous comps. Because of the Federation I am competing in this time I do not even want to compete as shredded as I was in my first one as that is not how they prefer their figure women to look.

On top of that I am ahead of my skinfold target for this week and to reach next weeks target I need to loose a grand total of.. 0.1 of a millimetre which is less than the +- error range of the calipers...

Damn Hubby and his logical helpful comments... he told me to check the charts and now I will have to show him he was right... sigh... I hate when that happens...

This week I continue my love hate relationship with Satans Spin Cycle, my diet has been altered by tweaking just one meal and my world will continue to revolve around cardio, work, training, cardio...

I will keep focusing on impossible numbers... as I do... I am hoping to jump a week of measurements so I will aim again for 40.8... cause I can...

Now I am off to check out the new forum page on Kelli Johnsons web site which she was showing me when I was there today... It is looking awesome, so if you get a chance pop in and have a browse... Yes this is shameless advertising but the woman is amazing, helpful and incredibly motivating!!! If you join the forums you can get updates and info emailed to you and I have to admit I am way to busy to go looking for info so I will definitely be subscribing so all the info I need comes to me!!!

But first I believe it is time for me to eat my JELLY and protein powder... nuom nuom nuom...

No comments: