Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 20 September 2010

The time has come.....

The Walrus said... to talk of many things.... of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings... (Love your work Mr Carroll)

BUT... instead of any of the above... its time to for me to talk about the final four weeks of my competition prep.....

I watched the INBA QLD Titles yesterday and as soon as I was out of the car I could smell the TAN!!! OMG I Love that smell!!!! It really got me excited about watching everyone and they all looked fabulous... My throat is still a little tender from yelling out names lol

I will admit that seeing the comp made me even more focused on the next four weeks... It also made me more focused on Peanut butter!!! It seemed to be every where yesterday... everyone was bloody eating it in some form or another, so yep its back on my after comp must have first meal of Banana cut down the middle with peanut butter spread through and gluing it together lol

That and my next must have banana and bacon on vogels bread with sugar free maple syrup... hmm seems to be a bit of a banana theme going on here lol

The funny thing was, by the time we left the comp, I was exhausted and really down... I'm not sure what happened, whether all the yelling and excitement of watching friends on stage wore me out or the let down of not actually competing yesterday but I was in bed by 7.45 and woke up really down and tired again today...

What makes this even more amusing... or just plain weird... is that yesterday Hubby, Julie and I all purchased a "powerband" thingy with the hologram watsit on it to help with our strength, balance etc... and since I have put it on I have been totally down and drained... in fact we all have... Even in the gym tonight my weights all dropped... gee this thing is great... not... so my question is to all those out there in bog land... has anyone else ever tried these things and is there a warming up period or something or am I wearing upside down and making it work in reverse????

So my last four weeks... time to step up a notch and to become even more self absorbed than what I have already been accused of being lol

I must warn the others in the gym that I will not be very communicative from now on and that I may even be "Narky" LOL

I do try not to snarl but really at my age even when you are not four weeks out from a comp snarling comes a lot more naturally than when I was younger... just ask Hubby... hmmm maybe I won't let you do that cause that would start a whole new beaten hubby blog...

Anyway enough rambling I now must go and be a poser... Fitness Matters had a huge Les Mills Launch on tonight so the room with the posing mirrors was chock full. So tonight it will be just me posing with Tank judging... he may not say much but those big brown eyes can be damn accusing and I won't even tell you how much the twitch of an ear can make you feel like you look as graceful as a Mongolian wildebeest standing on three legs... Dobermanns can be sooooo critical.....

Then if Tank approves of the posing I can have my jelly!!!!!

Focus Time!!!!!!!!!

No comments: