Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Hump day & H2O

The final hump day before the competition has been a great day....

No work from now until the comp and even though I had no timetable to meet this morning I was still doing cardio at 5.30am trundling along on the treadmill... I still did it then so I could do the whole "cardio on an empty stomach" thing and then be back in time to fit the meals in the rest of the day on schedule....

After cardio I came home and devoured my breakfast.. boy that cardio was definitely on an EMPTY stomach.. lol then had a quick shower got changed into fresh gym gear went for a quick ride with Hubby to collect the Chevy so I had transport, came home and did the washing hanging out dance hopped in the truck and headed back to the gym for my last Back workout before Sunday..

Now today is also the first day of water loading so amongst all of this I was drinking and visiting the loo both at very regular intervals...

After training back I got back onto the treadmill again for a quick 15 minutes then back home for another shower and the hour long process of washing and drying the loooonnnnggg hair... love it tooooo bbiiiitttttsss!!! but it is a hell chore to wash and dry, it wouldn't take as long normally but with all the rain we have been having my real hair is a curly haystack and the extensions are lovely and straight so where they meet is really obvious until I straighten my real hair lol

I then did a quick jog around the house with the vacuum cleaner which has decided to do an impression of a turtle with the metal pole from the sucky bit to the hose collapsing and can not be extended... this would be fine if I was 3 foot shorter than I am... instead I get to vacuum the whole house in a semi fetal position.... once again not too bad until I hit the rugs... our whole house is tiled with just two rugs... when the sucky head hits the rugs it sucks on and the pole extends but the head doesn't move... an interesting proposition for a carb depleted water loaded vacuum hating woman.... no I did not throw anything... how could you even think that.. oh ok I know why you thought that.. anyway I just did the whole deep breath slow vacuum thing and got through it without killing, maiming, harming or even using rude words... taadaaaa!!!

The afternoon was spent travelling up to see Kelli for the final pre-comp measurements which showed 0.4 mils lost for the week... I am lower in millimetres than this time out from any of my previous comps and I am holding a lot more muscle so the slow methodical countdown from May has certainly worked out fabulously!!! Not sure that I would want to drag it out this long again... but I now have learnt enough about myself to hopefully be able to control the after comp problems and not have so much to loose if I ever do compete again...

Yes... IF I compete again...I am not sure if I will... I don't like the totally shredded look that the INBA and ANB expect their girls to achieve, and I feel that at my age reaching that look is achievable but it would be placing a hell of a lot of stress on my body... but they do have great Grand Masters classes for oldies like me.... Now I really love the IFBB look with fuller rounder girls but they only have the Masters that starts at 40... Next season I will be 11 years over the starting age... that's a lot of years... I mean hell its 77 years in dog years... hang on did I just call myself a bitch???????

Anyway I will decide in the New Year if I want to compete again.... In the meantime I have 4 more sleeps, lots of water, very little water, lots of tan, lots of fun and a huge group of friends to have a huge amount of fun with on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!! See that's what make me keep competing, all the fabulously delicious people I get to play with!!!!!!!!!

Damn must go....... water loading and running to the loo keeps the cardio up thats for sure lol.........

No comments: