Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 29 November 2010

Hermitism, hopes, hungers......

November is slowly leaking into December and as it slides away from us I can say that I did achieve my goal of reducing my Hermititis... I have approached more people, met with groups of face book friends in the real world, chatted to vague work colleagues who are now more than just passing faces and made a heap of new friends at the gym by not looking down or grabbing weights to hide behind.

It hasn't been a walk in the park... in fact even a walk in the park hasn't been a walk in the park... I have made sure to make eye contact wherever possible even when my inner hermit was screaming at me to look away, run, hide, turn quickly now!!!! I will admit to a strike rate of around 95%, yes the habit dies hard, but my newer habit of making contact is winning.

I also worked hard on increasing my weights in my training and have made some great gains! I am really pleased with the fact that all my weights have increased while I hadn't changed anything else.

So now the new program, the new nutrition, the new goals....

Training today was Chest & shoulders. I used to do a lot more exercises but have shaved them down and now concentrate on pushing HEAVY 3 sets of 12 reps of Flat bench press, Incline DB press, Flat bench flys, Pec Deck machine. Shoulder Press on a smith machine, incline shoulder lat raises, side lat raises.

My weights were back up today and I do not know if it is because I have started back on the Arginine, Creatine & Beta Alanine or whether it is because of the carbs from my cheat day on Saturday.... One day a week is now eat anything day - all day.... not huge ridiculous amounts, but just anything... without guilt. I stil do have my normal breakfast and roo & veges for meal #2 but the rest of the day is a free day. The down side of this is that I feel crappy the next day, not down or guilty  just tired and slooooooooooowwwww.. But it does give my head a break and my cooking a major rest.

I also baked Banana & Coconut loaf yesterday which was the first baking I have done since moving here, and now that I think about it probably the first baking I have done in close to 8 years... anyway ate a slice of that yesterday and today as well, reduced my other carbs and added that in... also today I munched on a few apricot balls (left over from the staff Xmas party)  which have way too much yummy sweetness in them to be good for me!

So by the time I got to the gym tonight I had energy to burn and the weights all jumped up, I didn't do cardio this morning although I might tomorrow, not sure, I am really concentrating on growing now and although the chapter above makes this sound like a lie, I am still eating very close to a contest cutting diet... Really!!

Meal #1 is Egg whites and oats but now there is berries & bananas in there too. #2 Roo & veges, #3 chicken, salad, sweet potato,  #4 is egg whites & banana, #5 is a post training shake, #6 is chicken and salad and of course there is diet jelly and protein powder for desert. There are more colours in my salad now with carrots and raw beetroot nuom nuom nuom.

So that's the start of the new program and nutrition... the goals are still coming. With the cancellation of the IFBB Sunshine Coast comp I am not sure which one will be next for me... will concentrate on building muscle keeping lean and staying as healthy and fit as I possibly can...

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Great job on nailing the hermititis Cathy!!! WHat i'd like to know is 2 things: 1. Do you cook your banana with your eggwhites- it sounds like a wierd combo lol?!
and 2. I'm curious about this diet jelly +PP combo that you madly rave about! Is the PP mixed into the jelly before it sets??

Witchazel said...

Hey Chelle, AS weird as it sounds I fry sliced banana in a non stick pan then pour the egg whites (that has cinnamon and splenda mixed in) over the top and make a sweet omelet. I eat it cold and by afternoon tea time it is full of banana falvour. yummy. I used to mix the diet jelly and PP together when I made up the jelly but now I mix the pp into a thick gooey syrup and pour it over the top of the jelly like a icecream topping. either way it is yum..

mq01 said...

noum noum noum!!!

hey, i think i can see the changes coming. say hello to the leg press machine-its my favorite :D wooohooo!

Chelle said...

Cool thanks for that, i think i will experiment! =)