Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 17 November 2010

No Hesitation......

I am sure there is no surprise when I say  that choosing to sell the Broom was a tough decision. Actually a lot harder than just plain tough... It was heart wrenching...

I once owned a 1971 Formula 455 Firebird. You could put your foot down and spin the wheels when you were already doing 100 miles per hour.. not KPH.. MPH... of course that would be silly and dangerous so I do not advocate doing that at all.. yeah right... I saw her for the first time for sale in a magazine that was 6 months old, cut it out and carried it around for months, one day Hubby got tired of me pulling it out of my wallet and drooling over it and phoned the number on the ad and damn she was still there.. I was meant to own that car and I loved her... When we started riding horses we had to have a vehicle that could pull a horse float... well of course the Firebird had the power but was definitely not made to pull a horse float.... so we had to sell her.. I cried for three days.. even though it was my choice to sell her.. I still get teary when I see one...

Selling my Broom has wrenched my heart just as much as the Firebird, I had a choice to keep her, but keeping her was putting a lot of stress on our household and selling her has helped to ease the stress. There really was no point in keeping her when I it meant I couldn't afford to ever take her out for a ride... so she was sold..

But I had this feeling that there had to be a "better" reason for her sale, yes the money has eased the stress but not really enough to be the "real" reason... and then today I believe I found out why she just had to leave...

I sold her for Tank.... We have thought that Tank has had a gammy  hip for a while now, about 12 months ago he got a bit of a limp and we started giving him the same Glucosamine we were taking at the time, the limp went away. We figured he must have been leaping around and bounding over Morgan as he does when he is being a Doofus and had pulled a muscle... or was just getting the hip problems that bigger dogs get when they mature ( Yes Tank.. I did not say Old)....  All good..... limp gone.

About 8 weeks ago we noticed the limp was back. We had stopped giving him the Glucosamine a few months earlier since there was no limp and we had also stopped using it ourselves because I found it made me feel sick....

So back into his food bowl it went, nuom nuom nuom.... the limp stayed.... Morgan came on heat... and although Tank has been "fixed".. (I just got a raised brown eyebrow and a "I was not broken" look from across the room) he has an excellent memory of the good old days and enjoys Morgan being on heat.. a lot.... sigh... I find it annoying.. Morgan thinks its fabulous... slut...

So of course Tank has been very active the last couple of weeks and so the limp has intensified to the point where he can longer put any weight on his left back leg... so off to see Dr Dave we went today....

Seems Tank is a true athlete.. he has a torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) and Tank assures me it is from playing Rugby League not continual jumping of Morgan ...... x-rays will confirm this on Monday... the ACL not the league playing.... since we lost our first Dobermann to bone cancer we are relieved that Dr Dave is 95% positive it is ACL not cancer, the x-rays will prove him right... then there will be an operation.. best case scenario $1500.00 plus medication, 16 weeks follow up visits and rest.. worse case $2500 plus plus plus...

No hesitation... when Dr Dave asked if we wanted to go ahead... No hesitation what so ever... Although I was very sad about the loss of the Broom, I did not regret it,don't believe in regrets, at least I had her in the first place, but now I know why she had to go...  thanks to her there was No Hesitation...

2 comments:

mq01 said...

wow witchazel, its fantastic that you got the signs and means so quickly. surgery it is, and tank is going to feel absolutely fabulous! sending strong positivity and big hugs your way!

thank you dear bitch broom, we'll see you in the wind... xoxo

mq01 said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ;) i see stars :)
hey, a coworker mentioned acl and i thought of tank. are there any other treatments available? her 7 yr old just damaged her acl too...
hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend!