Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 14 November 2010

No Rest for the wicked...

The Baseball was great!!! Had a ball (heheheh like I was going to resist that one) with Chris and Leece, hardly saw any baseball - well the boys were doing all the manly grunting and ball watching so Leece and I spent the time catching up and watching the odd foul ball to make sure we weren't going to get hit by it.

I learnt a lot at the Baseball....
I learnt that no matter what the sport is a man must always adjust his dangly bits before performing the required sporting action in any sport...
I learnt that there is such a thing as a bat warmer.... well ok they appeared to be made of ceramic and were probably more a weight than a warmer but in the end it was decided to call them bat warmers and stealing them and decorating them with glitter, bling and long boa like feathers really was appealing....
I learnt that Dagwood dogs are made from No-thing that ever lived or breathed on the planet earth.... It only took 1 1/2 bites for me to discover this fact and pass the weird tasting disgusting thing to Hubby... he ate it.. after adjusting his dangly bits.... sigh...
I learnt that doing something totally random was great... a lot like the roller blading we went to a while back.. I am on the hunt for another random event...

Saturday was the Bling and Bubbles gathering up the coast with a great group of other crazy figure ladies... I will admit that I was still trying to find a reason not to go right up until I stepped out of the car, but I learnt even more on Saturday...
I learnt that we are all in love with this sport
I learnt that we all need support after we have competed and that we all have demons... the demons may not all be the same colour, shape or size, some may be furry and prefer chocolate covered peanuts, some demons are slippery and like to swim in wine and then there are the cheese, chippies and anything that is vaguely food demons, I like to imagine they have horns and green drool... yes they are all different but we all have at least one of them firmly attached to the one body part that we dislike the most...
I learnt that we are a fabulous group of humans who are really there to help everyone else no matter what because really who better to understand the "just can't stop" statement than someone else who couldn't...
I learnt I love to mix and mingle, that not being spoken to and standing alone in a group is not earth shattering or death defying.. it is part of a wonderful day of fun..
I learnt that I can still eat too much chocolate.. but I learnt that I no longer feel guilty for doing so...
I learnt from one fabulous lady that really its all about just being normal, and as weird as that sounds, that one statement has had a huge impact on me...
Today one of my unhappy changes took place... I still won't elaborate but I will in a couple of days... it was not a good change but it was a necessary change and as I said I still believe that these sort of changes happen because they must and in the end I will understand why it was needed... I am really needing to reach that day of understanding...

Today was also spent at another social gathering with some of the muscle girls of Bribie and their families... I learnt to add Camembert and pecans to my grape, avocado, cucumber and feta salad and can't wait to try that! I learnt that NZ Maggi onion soup does still make a difference to meat patties on the BBQ, I learnt that we all love horse riding.. I learnt I have some other great ladies in my life... I learnt I feel that I am living in exactly the right place for me right now...

BUT... after all that I have learnt this weekend... after all the talk, laughter, food and friends... the one change that happened, which took the least time in the whole weekend, has now placed me in the position that I really no longer know who I am...... and I learnt that I am still lost...No-change there...

1 comment:

mq01 said...

:(

cath, ive come to learn that some of us are born to be lost...

im an Aries 5, which i recently learned is known for New Beginnings. i am/get really tired of lifes tests, changes, and all that these new beginnings bring... but im starting to recognize that i do enjoy the variety it has kept in my life. and i am starting to get ok with (and even agree with) the statement "everything happens for a reason". things truly work out best in the end.

i hear you; you are in the right place for you right now, and you're right. you are an athlete, you need to do everything you can to support that. i understand feeling lost but there will be other bikes (for thats deep in your soul too). be confident that what you have planned is the right thing for you. i am. im sure that it is.

love you windsister!