Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Flying time....

BIG SIGH.... DEEP BREATH... Okay... so lets see...
Hell where doooo I start, actually I am totally buggered today so my thought patterns are going to be interesting to say the least...

Today was my 2nd day of 4am wake ups for early opening at Fitness Matters, I am loving this job... loving it! Although by the end of today... which will be around 11pm I am not sure how I am going to be... still everything worth anything contains effort.. and this is worth one hell of a lot to me...

I am loving working at the gym and at the same time quite terrified of having to do my first new member join up... I have studied all the options for new members and really there is an option for everyone... I love that the focus of this gym is bringing health and happiness to the world one person at a time.

This is what it IS all about people!!! Not sales dollars, its about peoples lives and that is what Fitness Matters is all about... my perfect space... my total belief... so why am I worried... cause I don't want to let them down.. not the owners and certainly not the new members... I really want people to understand how awesomely amazing it feels to be fit and healthy... without coming across like a total nutcase of course.. which is always a bit of a challenge to me... I have already had one gym member tell me how much she is amazed that we don't just accept her payments and leave her to it like all the other gyms she has been to... no way, its not our style at all, we know your name and we want to know you and we want to help you achieve your dreams... yep my sort of space...

Had my second exam last week... I did pass it, but will admit that it was not until I was sent back to my chair to re-answer two questions... I knew I knew the answers, but my brain was in panic mode... what the hell was that muscle called that runs from your skull to T12 and is joined your scapula and clavicle... damn it I know I know it... but when the tutor asked me my head echoed emptily and I shrugged... duh!!! yes that one!! the one that makes you shrug dumbarse!!! TRAPS!!! so of course the next question.... to which the answer was your LATS... become instantly clear as well... where was my brain??? over cringing in the corner of my cranium cavity doing the impression of a fly trapped in a jar... sigh! Still I did pass!! Yay!!

There is another assessment this Sunday but I will miss it since I am flying down to Melbourne on Friday to spend the weekend at the IFBB Pro and Pro qualifying shows. I will have to make up the missed class doing a full day on a Wednesday in  a couple of weeks... which will be weird cause it is after final exams to finish up the Fitness Essentials course materials, but I guess it works out somehow... Tonight I attend the usual Tuesday night class then have to turn around first thing in the morning and travel back to campus for a make up class I missed when I had that nasty stomach bug.. It would have been great if they could have set up a bed in the office for me to save the two hours of travelling between classes oh well I don't mind spending that long in Maggie...

Its been a hectic week to the point where Hubby had to come into the gym this morning to say good morning to me... yeah hi.. ummm and you are??? ohhh HUBBY yeah right I knew that...  give me a break I only saw you for.. ummm.. 3 hours yesterday... how am I supposed to remember you...

Okay this is it.. here I will openly admit that I am having a little, just a little trouble fitting everything into my life... soooo yesterday morning.. getting ready at 4am... pulled out two socks and for some unknown reason, apart from the whole "freshness" issue..  two panti-liners... sat on the bed.. ripped the backing off the panti-liner so the sticky bit was available, placed my right foot on my left knee and then could not work out which way up the panti liner should go on the bottom of my foot.... 10 seconds passed.. crickets chirped... ohhhh hang on... this isn't a sock....

So yes I am looking forward to the weekend in Melbourne, having a break, meeting and greeting lots of Facebook Friends.. but if I do not recognise you forgive me and check to see if I have socks or panti-liners on my feet... it may give a you a clue to how aware of my surroundings I am... I will also be with Hubby.. well that's who he tells me he is anyway... I am hoping that the gang of girls from Bribie who I am travelling down there with will keep me in tow and awake... no promises...

Now its hairdresser time... then hopefully I will get in a nap before leaving for campus... will catch up again when I can... be good.. nah.. cancel that.. be bloody marvelous!!!

No comments: