Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday 9 September 2011

Starting at the finish line...

I have never been very good at conforming... so in my usual unconforming way today... which in my part of the world is Friday... I am starting a whole new chapter of focus....

I have spent a fair few months concentrating on establishing myself as a personal trainer... this has taken me on new and wonderful journeys... I LOVE that everyone is different and has a story... everyone!

I have also been doing extra stuff in another role that has bought about some great... well I like to think they are great... changes where I work... a couple of my suggestions and ideas have taken form grown wings and are about to take off...

One is a huge benefit for the gym members and I am really proud of this... but these extra ideas, hours, tasks, and chapters have caused a bit of a burn out for me and I am now at the point where I want to get back to my original road and focus on training people, learning more about health and different fitness avenues and growing as a personal trainer... add some group fitness... and...for me a VERY important task... get back into My Training!

Although I have religiously trained everyday my training has been a bit haphazard especially since my shoulder injury. Now that my shoulder is almost back to full strength thanks to an amazing Physio and lots of dry needling, which I do... hmmmm enjoy isn't the right word... ummm appreciate! That's the word Appreciate!

So now I am back to working to a plan, today I start a fresh new start.. at the end of a week... I refuse to wait till Monday like most people do! The day of the week is not important... starting the journey when it should be started is!

I believe as a Personal Trainer I must walk the walk and talk the talk... I have spent the last few months gaining a pretty decent amount of muscle even with a half arsed made up on the day training plan and now is the time to remove the protective covering on a little too much gooo that I have managed to gather over my muscle and reveal what I have worked hard to grown... I refuse to be a PT who tells everyone else to focus but has no time to focus on themselves.... I will set the example... If I expect my busy clients to find time to look after themselves I must also do just that and with a true goal....

So I am starting at the end.. of a week... the end of a building phase... but the start of a whole new journey.... as always, with everything in my life, when it's time things fall into place.... and my gut tells me it IS time...

2 comments:

mq01 said...

are you thinking competing :D

Witchazel said...

NO! lol well definitely not this year................... :o)