Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Saturday 18 October 2008

Is the fat at your local pub????????

Why is it so important to us when a inanimate object tells us a number?
My numbers changed today - well one number changed the others stayed the same and funnily enough this made the number that did change even better!
My bodyfat reading dropped below 20% for the first time, but even better my weight remained constant and so did my water content, this meant that I lost the ugle flabby fat and the lovely blood pumping muscle grew!
I felt like I had won an oscar, well I'm pretty sure that was how I felt, although I have never, and will probably never, win an Oscar...
But what I am starting to worry about is where exactly does the fat go?????
It leaves my body, always sneaking away during the night under cover of darkness and in the morning I hop on to my totally unloved scales and poof less fat.....
So is there a pile of it somewhere?
Is the fat that is sneaking off bodies every night gathering in pubs and talking about the body they just left... "Yeh I know her, she loves Icecream", "What about HER last time I was there she ate 4 pizza's with two bottles of wine...those where the days now she goes to the gym and it is just too much like hard work trying to stay attracted to her"
I suspect it lurks in doorways waiting for people to pass with a hamburger or chips in their hand and it follows them home and when they get on the scale the next morning... Hello MORE fat.
This MUST be where is goes otherwise we would all be tripping over the piles of yellow glug lying on our floors... wouldn't we???

1 comment:

Kek said...

Hi Cathy, nice to meet you! :o)

Congratulations on your success so far - lucky you, having Jo Stewart to help you reach your goal of competing!

I look forward to reading all about your journey.

P.S. 48 is definitely not OLD.