Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 3 November 2008

Strange and sore...

A strange Monday today, doing extra shifts at the part time job so only helped out with 2 x vans this morning..

Just as well since I woke up with a bloody sore left trap... ouch! don't look right stupid woman!
So every time I moved today it has hurt, I think it is from dragging a very large pot plant around at work yesterday... or just sleeping wrong... or a draught, er, draft, er, cold chilly wind thing...

It didn't really hamper my Chest training today it just made it uncomfortable, even running on the tready later wasn't comfortable, actually typing this isn't comfortable... Well it is if I sit like I have a broom stuck up my arse.. hmmm.. no, no it's not...

So today is a bit strange for me, it sort of feels like a weekendish kind of day, the weather is a bit weird as well, like there is a storm coming but it is in no hurry to arrive.. maybe storms get Mondayitis as well???

Had a personal best on the bench press this morning ..40kg! yay! I loved the look of a 20kg either side.. real tough looking.. no more mamby pamby girly plates... I am sure I could have gone heavier but this damn trap said... umm excuse me but ouch!

Went to the beach yesterday, yum I love the beaches here, the water is so clean and warm... The sand is so...ummm sandy... NZ has beautiful beaches too and I lived at them too but they were never this warm!

Although I have to say I find one thing at the Aussie beaches really interesting..

People who go to the beach, but do not want any part of their body to be touched in any way by the sun, so they totally cover themselves with anti UV clothing and a hat and sunscreen and sit under an umbrella or shade tent and plug an Ipod into their ears and only go out in the sun when it is time to arrive or leave...

OK, I get the skin cancer thing, and you must use sunscreen, but if you are really that worried about it... ummm why go to the beach???

The Ipod takes away any beachy noise perception, the rug or towel stops them from feeling the sand, the clothing/tent/umbrella stops the wind/sun so why go to the beach... Try cave diving.. go to the movies... a shopping mall... move to Greenland it is dark there 6 months of the year!

I guess there is something here I am missing... ohhh I know... white pale sickly skin... cause I have Nivea Sun kissed!!

Told my daughter about competing next year and she was great, she did say not to bother telling the rest of the family cause "you know how negative they will be.. sigh!"
Yep so that's why I'm not...

1 comment:

Tiarna said...

Hi there!
I think its great that youre thinking of competeing! I have seen some wonderful 40+ bodies and they look wonderful!

This is a journey you do for yourself, you cannot do it for any other reason.

It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks, what matters is that kick arse feeling when your up on stage!!