Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Friday, 28 November 2008

Trimming the tree

Shoulder day.. now pushing 35kgs on the shoulder press machine - plus when Hubby gets sidetracked and leans on the bit of the machine I'm trying to push up it gets even tougher!!!

I hate, hate, hate and dislike intensely Rocky presses... crap they hurt!

Love front lat raises and side raises cause shoulders full of striations just pop out when I do them.

Today I had to start work early, so to stop me from becoming totally stir crazy the boss gave me the job of putting up the Xmas tree and some of the decorations. I LOVE doing this!

I had always been Xmas mad but over time it has worn off probably because I now feel it has become just a big commercial scam. I also don't actually believe in the reason for the celebration which makes me feel a bit hypocritical celebrating the day..

But mostly because we can not have an Xmas Tree at home...

We can not have a Xmas Tree for two reasons... Both named Tank...

See because our dogs are Dobermanns and anyone who has even known a Dobermann will understand that to be truly happy they must be within reach of you at all times. They are known as Velcro dogs cause they stick to you all the time if they can.

As such our dogs have total run of our house even when we are not there. (Actually even if they weren't velcro dogs I would let whatever dog I had live in the house, or else what would be the point of having a dog???)

Them having the run of the house serves two purposes.. Keeps our furry kids happy and keeps our house safe - there is no way anyone they don't know will get into our house.

Now for the Xmas tree explanation...

Tank just loves squeeky balls and, being a boy dog, peeing on trees, he also has always had this very cute but sometimes annoying habit where he will not do his doggy doodoo's unless he is backed into a bush or tree......

Now come on you just know where this is going...

If you were owned by a large dog who loved squeeky balls and peeing (and other doggy things) on trees and who can get into every room in your house...

Would you set up a Xmas tree covered in balls in your lounge?????

I mean why tempt fate????

I have no idea how Morgan would react to an Xmas tree, she doesn't seem to notice the world the same as Tank, I sometimes wonder if she has ever learnt to look beyond the space a kennel run would be.

Anyway her real name is Ebondobe Which Witch so maybe she is a Pagan like me and doesn't celebrate Xmas.. I might have to have a solstice celebration for her on the 21st.. Yeah now there's a plan cause I know she can dance in a circle... After-all it's what she does best!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...

Weigh in again tomorrow... Hmmm what with that and working Saturdays just ain't what they were...

No comments: